New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    good day po. i was wondering if you guys could help me again as to what to do with this particular problem. the facade of one of our buildings here in the office was painted with white paint. d man lang po kasi nagsabi na pipinturahan yung building na yun, the workers involved only advised those parked directly in front of the building na lumipat ng parking. i was parked mga 40 feet away, in front of the opposite building. upon checking nakita ko parang may glitters yung kotse ko. kala ko dumi lang so i tried to wipe it pero ayaw matanggal. dun ko lang nalaman na nagpipintura pala sa kabilang building and most probably dahil sa direction ng wind pati kotse ko naambunan. the whole car is covered with it, even the windows and tires. my car's color pala is maroon, so now meron syang mga specks ng white paint

i was just wondering how i would go about removing it. my first thought was to use rubbing compound pero sabi dito sa office try ko daw muna kerosene. is this really any good? d ko din kasi sure what the effect on the paint would be. pati po sa other parts like those of glass and rubber ano kaya pwede kong gamitin pantanggal? naiisip ko na nga matagal-tagal na tanggalan to, it'd probably take me a whole day to finish the entire car (sigh)

i'd really appreciate any inputs, and thanks so much in advance

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try claying first before moving on to abrasive products.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here latex paint ba?
    meron din ako nung pina paint ko wall dito, naalis naman yung iba, yung iba nandyan pa rin pero madali lang alisin, clay siguro ok na diyan...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    BTW, try to have that removed immediately before it bakes into the paint, making it harder to remove.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    sorry sir but i'm not really familiar with this "claying" stuff. what is it, and where could i buy it? i'm assuming this is different from the clay kids play with, right? pardon my ignorance po

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please search

When in doubt let a professional detailer do it for you. Visit bigberts they have branches in araneta and ortigas home depot

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    happened to me din nung nagpipintura yung building na pinagpaparkan ko. very small droplets sa car ko. the paint is a bit rubbery (is this what you call latex paint?)

what i did was wash the car with lukewarm water. yung ibang paint, nawawala na agad with washing lang. yung iba, i use my fingers (sometimes fingernails - i know i could scratch my car with this, but hey, it worked) to gently scrub them off. better do this ASAP before the paint hardens.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    wow trabaho yan. Happenned sa cypress green civic ko before. Pinag tiyagaan namin ng friend ko i thinner ng very gently lang using a soft cloth naalis naman tapos ni wax namin. So ok na........sana. After awhile nung nag wear off na yung wax halata yung pinag rub ng cloth sa paint. Panget....dont use thinner. Kala namin pwede. heheheh

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    When in doubt let a professional detailer do it for you. Visit bigberts they have branches in araneta and ortigas home depot
    This is the best solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
naambunan kotse ko ng white paint