New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was pulling out of the parking lot this morning about to go home from duty. By some freak of nature [mahirap ipaliwanag], a concrete thingie, hit the right 'skirt' (or whatever you call the lowest part of the body cladding that spans the Pajero's wheelbase) leaving it gouged, scratched and looking mighty ugly.

As per my father's advice, I pull into a sidewalk paintshop owned by a certain Mang Louie. It is located on a sidestreet near Banawe.

One hour and Php 800.00 later, no one would even suspect that something happened to my rig. I did not even have to turn the engine off (natutulog si commander). I didn't even have to park my vehicle. They just painted it on the spot where I stopped to ask if it was the right shop.

Granting that it was not a show quality paint job (nothing on my rig is show quality anyways), they still did a pretty good job of making up for my 'mistake' (I still need to rub off some overspray in the undercarriage). I know the detailing and paint gurus will cringe at what I did, but my schedule next month will not allow me to visit a 'proper' paintshop anymore. Sanay na din naman ako sa mga 'ghetto' paint jobs. That's what we always do to the MB100 and my ex-Besta. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

OTEP: tignan mo the next day yung paint job, malamang manipis lang yung nilagay na base and clearcoat o baka walang clearcoat , dapat konting tiis para pa repaint mo na lang buong bumper mo sayang...

BTW am cringing as I speak... and I'm speaking from experience.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather have it looking like it does now (or tomorrow) than being a big mess for the next year or so. No time talaga para ipagawa ang sasakyan. Bawal kasi sa amin mag-iwan ng sasakyan sa talyer and I go on duty every three days (office hours naman when I'm not on duty and walang weekends off).

I did a 'pitstop' in 2001 when a Sentra hit one of the front bumperettes while I was on my way to school. Amazingly, I even made it time for class (new paint and all). Kaso wala na yung usual ghetto painter ko (a guy named Tata). I only had to redo the paint nung graduating na ako (first year med ako nung nabangga siya).

I'm not really too O.C. about my lower cladding. The former owner did such a bad repaint, almost anything else will seem better. Hindi ko na nga sana ipapapintura if it didn't look as bad as it did after scraping. Yung bangga ni odell at nung tricycle sa rear bumper caps ko hindi ko pa din pala pinapagawa (wala talagang time).

I just hope this guy's as good as my last painter. Itong Louide din ang nag-ghetto fix sa Sentra ni utol after a minor encounter with a Jeepney nung college siya. Medicine na siya ngayon and nabenta na sa tito ko yung Sentra pero ok pa din naman yung paint.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oks lang yan. some years ago i borrowed my friend's car since may urgent trip ako sa province and my car was being overhauled. ayun swerte i got sideswiped by a jeepney at dagupan, dami galos sa bumper. when i got back the next day at 5am in the morning i knocked at our neighborhood tabi-tabi talyer. 3 hours and P1500 later good as new, ni-rub down pa nila whole car ehehe!

my friend even refused to believe that i had his car painted when i told him. he sold the car after 2 years di pa din nag-discolor yung paint.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    exact location naman ni Mang Louie and other ghettto fix it shops..... just in case....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    aba pitstop nga! hehe kung decent job yan, di mahahalata yan unless sabihin mo na kaka-repaint mo lang..IMO.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    tabi tabi shops are ok as long they dont sacrifice quality and of course resoanably priced.

if imay say, mang mario's aircon is a tabi tabi shop right?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    next time ingat nalang otep, i too have a suking paint shop sa banawe, although i think it's more pricey, slightly lang naman plus the peace of mind na kakilala ko n d me gagaguhin. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    9.6 seconds?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hens...8.4 Secs.herherhehr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
My Banawe 'Pitstop'