New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi Guyz,

Just want to ask if what good Muffler can you suggest, medyo parang racing ung tunog, pero not that pricey, have heard of Nodalos and Mufflerland, pero anu ang the best? how about jasma mufflers? gusto ko kc ung hollow ung tunog, pero matining, tyka iingay lng pag mataas na ung RPM, hindi ung kahit nakaIdle is maingay (mahuhule ako pag tinakas ko, hehe)

Need help, thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    hi Guyz,

Just want to ask if what good Muffler can you suggest, medyo parang racing ung tunog, pero not that pricey, have heard of Nodalos and Mufflerland, pero anu ang the best? how about jasma mufflers? gusto ko kc ung hollow ung tunog, pero matining, tyka iingay lng pag mataas na ung RPM, hindi ung kahit nakaIdle is maingay (mahuhule ako pag tinakas ko, hehe)

Need help, thanks guys
    jasma mufflers are ok.

i have used two aftermarket mufflers in the past which are quiet while idling, but gives off a good sound if you are in high revs. the first is Zebring, while the second one is a powerflow muffler from nodalos.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    would it make the exhause freeflow? any good specifications for the Mufflers you have said?

what are the good stuffs, or Users review for the Jasma mufflers? any differences from the aftermarket mufflers? in LA cars i think they have tsude? correct me if im wrong sir Amrit

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    JASMA or local, the sound will depend on the design.

Mufflerland has local mufflers that have a nice tone but aren't so pricey.

Wherever you buy, make sure that the interior wall is a fine grade mesh without drill tailings or lots of welds hanging in the airflow. The bigger and longer the can (the body of the muffler), the deeper the tone.

If you've got a 1.6 liter engine, don't go bigger than 2". If you've got a 2.0 or bigger, don't go bigger than 2.5". Only get a 3" muffler if you've got a turbocharged car. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    how bout if i have 1.3 engine?
    and also, have called up muffler land, and they only got imitations, pero pricey pa rin, target ko lng sana is 3-4k, hindi maingay, pero pag high rev, naiingay na

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    3-4k mufflers are mostly crap... drilled cans with cheap pipe material, and poor flow. If you're going to buy a muffler, spend good money the first time.

I went the cheap muffler route once (though 6k ain't cheap), had to ditch it for a better muffler because it made no flow and sounded terrible.

My cousin did that, too... a 3.5k muffler that he eventually upgraded to a better one.

If you really want a quality muffler, go for a secondhand JASMA... anything else in your price range is mostly junk.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    3-4k mufflers are mostly crap... drilled cans with cheap pipe material, and poor flow. If you're going to buy a muffler, spend good money the first time.

I went the cheap muffler route once (though 6k ain't cheap), had to ditch it for a better muffler because it made no flow and sounded terrible.

My cousin did that, too... a 3.5k muffler that he eventually upgraded to a better one.

If you really want a quality muffler, go for a secondhand JASMA... anything else in your price range is mostly junk.
    its true!just like mine,get it for 2,5T,nagrust na yung mesh inside,pero yung outside is pure stainless.Inalis ko na yung mesh inside,now tunog nya pupugak pugak

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so Anu ang preferrable? san ba merong Jasma Muffler? and anung sukat ang bbgay sa 1.3 engine, how much naman kaya aabuting ang bnew at 2ndhand ng jasma? meron kc sa Mufflerland mga imitation ng branded tpos may Oval din...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tunog lang ba bro ang habol mo?
    kasi considering na 1.3 engine, baka humina pa lalu ang hatak ng makina at baka lumakas pa sa fuel consumption ang resulta nito? karamihan kasi sa market natin na nagbebenta ng pang-racing mufflers, malalaki ang diameter nito.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ideally, it should be a muffler with a 1.75" inlet... but I guess the smallest good muffler you can get is about 2".

JASMA - Japanese market mufflers... some of which are very quiet but flow very well... but be warned when buying secondhand Japanese mufflers! Not all of them are built the same... some are still very loud (typically big tube, small can or body) and some are notorious for rusting, also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Muffler Question: