New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    not sure if this has already been asked, if so, please kindly delete or merge nalang po. is it okay to wipe your car with microfiber cloth just to get rid of the dust? will doing so scratch the paint? we dont have an enclosed garage, so our cars always accumulate dust overnight. a carwash boy told me doing this wont cause any damage to the paint, just not so sure if i should take his word for it. usually every morning, our driver cleans the cars (buhos-balde then punas lang sa mga madudumi na areas, hindi spray hose) but i told him to leave the cars alone that are only dusty, so as not to risk scratching the car. better to have a dirty car than a scratch-laden one what do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    not sure if this has already been asked, if so, please kindly delete or merge nalang po. is it okay to wipe your car with microfiber cloth just to get rid of the dust? will doing so scratch the paint? we dont have an enclosed garage, so our cars always accumulate dust overnight. a carwash boy told me doing this wont cause any damage to the paint, just not so sure if i should take his word for it. usually every morning, our driver cleans the cars (buhos-balde then punas lang sa mga madudumi na areas, hindi spray hose) but i told him to leave the cars alone that are only dusty, so as not to risk scratching the car. better to have a dirty car than a scratch-laden one what do you guys think?

Hi!

For removing dirt its better to invest in a California Car Duster, it costs only Php 800 (plastic handle) w/c are available in Bigbert's Ortigas, and I think in Han's Tools / True Value in Shangri-la. For smudges and minor stains and in between car washes get yourself some Eagle One quick detailer (or any other QD) mist + wipe with the micro fiber cloth.

Best MF cloth w/c are widely available would be the microtex plush (red) * Php 199.25. If you go to True Value you can find micro fiber cloths larger than microtex and about the same price also, i think they are situated near the clothes hanger area (better hurry before supplies run out).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm using microfibre sa interior ko. Nabasa ko kasi dito yun daw maganda for mazda3. Sa labas, feather duster muna bago chamois

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hehe naiinis ako sa driver namin kasi punas system ang ginagawa daming swirlmarks!
    +1 ako sa california car duster pero for me masyadong mahal e, dati nung may compressor pa kami pinapahanginan ko lang yung dust e yung nabenta ayun gasgas!

I also use EagleOne QuickDetailer (hehe pinakamura e) maganda rin pang remove ng mga possible magpagasgas ng paint, magaling magtangal ng bird poop (cr ata tingin sa kotse ko)

about dun sa MF yes pwedeng gamitin pero light swipe lang isang area then pagpagin mo after kasi yung dust accumulation ang madalas nakakagasgas

*kapitan magandang microfiber sa interior yung violet (suede) lalo na sa application ng leather cleaner/conditioner
    pati di ko advisable gumamit ng feather duster sa labas naku prone to paint scratch better use CCD kung may budget

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ah ganun? Hahaha nung natry ko nawala naman ung mga black na alikabok hahaha! San ba makakabili ng eagle one qd?

Ako din eh, nagpacarwash ako sa chipipay (rush eh), ayun, nakialam pati windshield (sa loob) pinunasan kaya pag may kotse sa likod ko kitang kita swirlmarks

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    I'm using microfibre sa interior ko. Nabasa ko kasi dito yun daw maganda for mazda3. Sa labas, feather duster muna bago chamois

sir, never ever use feather duster on the paint, the reason is, notice that feathers have this "stem" in the middle, sometimes when you dust the car the tip makes contact with the paint and tada... you have a scratch...

now for the chamois... its for spot drying or blotting. you don't drag it around on paint, cause if you catch something in between the chamois and paint, let's say a microscopic stone or what ever... it will be dragged around too... making your chamois a virtual sandpaper...

if you haven't bought MF yet, just use cotton towels... the more nap( yung buhok na fluffy) the better. so what ever dust you collect it hides into the nap.

hope this helps
    Last edited by impulzz; September 21st, 2007 at 12:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thank you very much sir! Hahaha

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    available eagleone sa ace hardware

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Ako din eh, nagpacarwash ako sa chipipay (rush eh)

Hehe guilty ako dito. What i do is that i bring my own tools and instruct them on how to use them (MF, chamois), kakapagod din kasi mag wash and mahina pa tubig sa lugar namin.

Here's a tip:

Kaibiganin mo yung mga carwash boys and bigyan ng tip paminsan minsan. Ganyan ginagawa ko kaya maganda ang service sa auto ko hehe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
microfibre cloth