New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I'm not sure if this is a clay bar as it doesn't feel like a clay. I'm about to try it today.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a clay bar as it doesn't feel like a clay. I'm about to try it today.
    Yes, please update us on how it goes. I saw that before when I was looking for a traditional claybar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I saw something similar last night on YT. I think you use it to scrub the car in lieu of the wash mitt after applying the shampoo.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I saw something similar last night on YT. I think you use it to scrub the car in lieu of the wash mitt after applying the shampoo.

no lube... no bueno

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    no lube... no bueno

The shampoo acts as the lube. You use it like a washmitt as the shampoo is on the car.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    That's what I use. Lube liberally. Rinse it well if you drop it and it should be good to go again. Store in a cool place else the tacky rubber will melt.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    The shampoo acts as the lube. You use it like a washmitt as the shampoo is on the car.

some shampoos dont have "lube" properties that clay lube products have, except rinse less wash products like ONR or UWW

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    some shampoos dont have "lube" properties that clay lube products have.

Well the video did have a caption on a particular shampoo the shop used during the "claying". Not sure if that claybar works but just saying there is such a thing.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Shampoo is fine since the Speed Clay is not as abrasive as regular clay bars, and is not meant for heavy contamination.

I would suggest using the Speed Clay _after_ the wash (after rinsing, before drying), not during the "shampooing" stage to minimize any contaminants which could be dragged across the paint.

FWIW I've been using this product for more than a year now (tested with detail spray, spray wax, ONR, shampoo), with no apparent marring on a black car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think most important thing here is that, ONLY clay the vehicle when you feel that it needs it.

Thats why if you have the budget, you can do chemical decontamination first (carpro iron x/gyeon iron/ nanoskin iron remover) and carpro tar x/ gyeon tar) to name a few products. These will dissolve and rinse away most contaminants unseen from the naked eye. AND then do mechanical decontamination (claying) if needed.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast