New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My car is new (Dec. 2008 sya linabas ko sa casa), black ang paint. I just had its first wax at a car wash here in cebu last monday. satisfied naman ako except that ngayon ko lang na pansin na may parang bukol sa paint nya. It is located, by the way, sa hood area. wala akong napansing ganon prior to waxing....ang wax na ginamit is Meguiars' yellow wax. polish ang ginawa nila...should I be worried on this...what should i do...

Kung ang auto ko nasa bahay, wala akong problema sa parking dahil may garage ako. However, kung nasa opisina ako most of the time my car is under the heat of the sun...could this be the cause? how can i avoid it...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest you have the casa take a look at it. Its possible for brand new cars to have rust forming due defects in the painting process.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You should be alarmed because the mound was created by iron oxidation (RUST) forming in the bare metal layer of your hood. This will get bigger since the chemical reaction is a continous process eventually boring a hole that will also get bigger in time.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    dapat lang maalarma bago lang pala ang sasakyan mo dalhin mo na lang ulit sa casa

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Good lumabas agad. no worries covered naman ng warranty yan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you have a spare time, take a macro pic of the mole, observe the development in a few days, thence take a pic of it again. If it indeed visibly become bigger, then I guess you have to bring it to casa. Some casas do not entertain such small imperfections, kung minsan sasabihin nila "obserbahan muna natin sir". Yan ang nakakairita sa kanila. Causes of which, proper painting procedures weren't followed.
    Last edited by leinahtan; February 19th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good point on the macro pics. para kita yung progression ng rust.

Eventually, that mound will grow so big until the paint can no longer stretch it will burst and then you will see your hood with an ugly serrated hole.

maliit na bukol sa black paint, should I be alarmed?