New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi Guys can you suggest a checklist of things I need to do to convert my lynx ghia 2003 to a lynx rs look and do you have any suggestions as to where I can get it done?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Smoked Headlights (Ford sells something similar, but it's gold. You can probably just paint your stock lights)

2. Different tail-lights (not sure whether it's the Ghia or the RS that has the solid reds... just know they're different)

3. Grille (Ford sells an "RS Grille" as an aftermarket component, but it's different. You'll have to order the stock RS Grille)

4. Body skirt (not hard) and spoiler with integrated third brake lamp.

5. Black-out window trim instead of chrome. Also, body colored rear plate number surround.

6. Completely different interior colors (don't know how you'll do that)

7. Five lug hubs and 16" RS mags. You might be able to order 4-lug RS mags from ROTA (the RS in Indonesia and Malaysia is 4-lug), but I haven't received a positive response (so far) from the factory. You might have to order from a Ford dealership overseas or surplus from Malaysia.

Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    WOW COOL. Just what I was looking for. Ill have to make do with ghia interior and mags(actually i like the ghia interior ;)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are some aftermarket mags that look a little like RS mags. But it doesn't hurt to ask at ROTA if they'll send you a four-lug (lots of Ghia and GSi owners who are dying to know).

Yeah, I like the Ghia interior, too... I wish we had those window-shades on the RS.

Log-in to http://forum.fordclubph.com for more ideas on what you can do. Some guys there have some pretty good looking Ghias and GSis.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    planning to change my ford lynx ghia stock grille rin kasi into something sportier look eh.
    Nasa magkano kaya price ng grille ng RS for ghia?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can ask at http://forum.fordclubph.com ... someone might be selling. But I think it's around 12k at the casa.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    wow, 12k for a grille? that is a big sum of money. i'd rather save my money for maintenance work. But it's just me

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Casa price = $$$$. You could probably get it for much less outside.

Makeover tip please? lYNX GhIa to RS ?