New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Any tips? we will be getting one SOON. hehe para may babalikan na ako na mga procedures and what products to use.

fellow detailers, gurus or newbies, feel free to post! thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    Any tips? we will be getting one SOON. hehe para may babalikan na ako na mga procedures and what products to use.

fellow detailers, gurus or newbies, feel free to post! thanks!
    just have it washed often.

Also ask for a small can of paint of the car's color (for color matching purposes). It will be handy when you have had some body repair done.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ahhh, naunahan ako mag start ng thread! hehehe

heto gawain ko sa black car ko: i only wash about once a month, pero depende sa location.
    meguiars nxt car wash - less water spots, very slick
    california car duster - every few days, i dont let stuff accumulate
    quick detailer spray - take care of anything that needs immediate cleaning asap
    microfiber towels - go for high quality, absorbency, and no lint
    acrylic seal - klasse all in one (kung available dyan). applies on almost all surface of my car except tires. easy to apply also, you can even mix it with your wash and water mixture.

as for the other products i mention above, i stick to meguiars and/or mothers brand.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    gastos pala ng black car!
    hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Congrats in advance. Dont forget to buy Mothers scatch remover. With black cars for sure you'll get them a lot.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir post ko lang ang opinion ko.

tama sila, you should invest on the car care products na may pangalan. actually, any color applicable e. also, if you are washing your car, top to bottom para yung dumi di na umaakyat. just so happened na yung napili mong color e mahirap i-maintain.

also, whenever possible never try to park you car under direct sunlight, to maintain the luster of the paintworks.

Congrats zechs. Please post some pics of your ride when you get it.

Black sure is beautifull, but any paint defect will be visible no matter how small it is. Better get the right tools: High quality Microfiber Towels, Cali Duster, sealants, waxes, etc. (You've been reading the detailing thread right so I guess you already have an idea). Avoid rubbing hard on the surface when drying your car, and use the "water sheeting method" for drying your car, it will cut your drying time considerably. Also you may want to consider getting a paint protection system, and just wax regularly for maintenance it would be a good start.

max95fx03: Wow washing your car only once a month? Man I wish I can do that here, but its so dusty and its the rainy season that wouldn't be possible here hehehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    mother sratch remover (yung "mother" ba is a brand?) kasi kainis si erpat minsan nahiram yung sasakyan sumabit ba sa kanto ng gate! ayun nagasgasan yung rightside..so ok bang gamitin yung mother scratch remover na yan?

ILD :

pano po ba yung water sheeting method na yan? kasi pag nag lilinis ako ang usual pocedure ko lang ganto.. advice naman kung may maiimprove pa! im using pressurized car washer

- 1st binabasa ko muna para matanggal yung dirt
    - 2nd shampoo na! :D carnauba formula 1 car wash and malaking sponge. tapos isa pang sponge para sa tapalodo.
    - 3rd rinse na lahat
    - tapos after banlaw pinapatuyo ko using microfiber towels yun lang ginagawa kos a exterior.

sa interior nilalagay ko yung di-spray na ARMOR protect all plastic and leather sa seats and lahat ng plastic. kaso sa seats parang wa effect eh! nandun pa rin yung stain pag natuyo..

more advice naman what to add on. sa usual cleaning ko.TIA

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, i think scratch remover is for minor scratches lang. malalim ba?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    since mine is black exterior and interior, i use microfiber on the inside for light dusting.

about every few months:
    meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner, does not make the leather shiny and slippery, smells good with light aloe scent, and good with my hands too (i use my hand to apply it).

meguiars vinyl and rubber cleaner/conditioner for the plastics, very low gloss, and also works for my tires.

ild, im sure you have to wash more frequent there (pinas right?) since it is more dusty and it rains much harder there. actually i can even pull it off even longer if i dust it frequently. i wash mine even less if it is rainy here, unless there is heavy buildup already on the paint.

the other factor is that you really have to love doing it and if it helps, listen to music while doing it. i work on mine while listening to recorded howard stern shows on my ipod

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
maintaining black colored car