New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Hey Guys!

I have some questions on Klasse AIO. Just got hold of a 300ml bottle, and although abit pricey, I'm raring to use it tomorrow!

But before anything, how is it best used? My cars are pretty much waxed every week(with cleaner wax every month). Should Klasse be used as it is? Stand alone? Or does it combo well with others?

I'm planning to use DACP then apply by hand AIO. Or is DACP too much? Should I just use a cleaner wax(I have megs, colorX and Mothers) to remove the previous layer and then apply AIO? Or paint cleaner na lang?

Is it ok to top off AIO with another wax? or will topping it off reduce its 'shine' capability?

Will it be better if for example I apply a polish like megs #7 or mom's step 2 then AIO?

By the way, the color of the cars are black and red.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hello cardo, am not a guru in detailing, but ive been using klasse twins for quite some time now, i'd skip the DACP, and use a polish with no fillers, knowing you i'm pretty sure your car has very little fine scratches, If i were in your shoes id polish with menzerna final polish or 3m machine glaze. then use klasse AIO and SG, then topped with carnauba,

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have quite a few threads about AIO/SG here bro... Based on your "history" that I know of, I agree that you probably won't need to go DACP (but wouldn't be a bad idea to do so, if it was me), before applying AIO and SG...

I'd layer about 2-3 coats of SG over a week's time.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Thanks guys!!!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    question uli guys

so what do I do for maintenance? how long will aio usually last?

Can I use Spray wax as maintenance? I have mom spray wax and eagle1 Wax as u dry.

thanks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aio doesn't last long since it's mainly a prep and base... WAUD works just fine in my experience, as with any spray wax... I used to mix 1 part AIO with 5 parts distilled water as QD, I don't even know if it works hehe but didn't hurt.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i do the same thing theveed for my qd, and it does work. although im trying my other "no rinse product" mix currently. if one owns aio already, might as well make qd too with it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't quite agree on the AIO as QD premise followed by a lot of people simply because AIO's cleaning agents are pretty effective... I'm not after any cleaning properties hence I wouldn't use AIO mixture as a QD.

But that's just me hehe.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Guys PM me if you want. I have a 1 pair of KLASSE AIO & SG 33 Oz.

Selling it for P3,500.

Meet ups at Robinson Pioneer during week days.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    veed - what about the durability of AIO + SG? the premise (and the manufacturer's claim) is that the combo should last at least a couple of months. i have been using the combo religiously and it seems to last quite a long time (judging from the beading).

"topping off" Klasse with wax actually is a great idea. imo, Klasse is a wonderful, durable and easy-to-use product, but just doesn't have the brilliance of shine that a high-quality carnauba wax has. my personal regimen is:

1. wash with Dawn dishwashing soap to strip off everything
    2. clay if needed
    3. polish with my trusty Porter Cable (swirl remover before this step if needed). many good polishes out there but i prefer either Pinnacle or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze
    4. Klasse twins
    5. P21S carnauba wax.

the reason i do steps 3 and 5 is to improve on the shine of Klasse, which again imho, does need some improvement. of course, step #3 is always a good idea regardless if you have a slightly weathered or swirled finish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
On Klasse