New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bad trip (although my fault) I hit the wheel wells of an Isuzu Crosswind. Tsk di ko natantsyahan habang nakikipag gitgitan. Buti walang damage yung Crosswind kasi ribber lang yun at namuti lang so sabi ng owner ok na lang no need to pay. Pero ako naman got some rubber (and maybe paint) transferred on my bumper. Picture below...

Buti walang dents and it seems no paint removed. Pero yung rubber thingy kaya kaya ito ng wax? If not ano pa mga pwede ko kayang gamitin to remove it safely?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Bad trip (although my fault) I hit the wheel wells of an Isuzu Crosswind. Tsk di ko natantsyahan habang nakikipag gitgitan. Buti walang damage yung Crosswind kasi ribber lang yun at namuti lang so sabi ng owner ok na lang no need to pay. Pero ako naman got some rubber (and maybe paint) transferred on my bumper. Picture below...

Buti walang dents and it seems no paint removed. Pero yung rubber thingy kaya kaya ito ng wax? If not ano pa mga pwede ko kayang gamitin to remove it safely?

Thanks!
    You'll need to have the rubber scuff marks removed first.
    I've only ever experienced small rubber scuff marks which I was able to removed via claying.
    But the one you have has a large surface area. I dunno if claying can take care of that.

You may need to take it to a detailer for proper correction.

Kung rubber scuffmark / transfer lang yan, it can be corrected.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    You'll need to have the rubber scuff marks removed first.
    I've only ever experienced small rubber scuff marks which I was able to removed via claying.
    But the one you have has a large surface area. I dunno if claying can take care of that.

You may need to take it to a detailer for proper correction.

Kung rubber scuffmark / transfer lang yan, it can be corrected.
    Thanks! For the meantime though do you think 3M scratch remover might lighten up the effects?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    try cleaner wax first... tingnan mo kung kayang tanggalin pero small portion muna.

kung hindi kaya try scratch remover pero small amount lang then pagkatapos mag cleaner wax ka ulit tapos mag wax kana.

hindi yan kaya nang wax lang.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yeah, ingat lang on the scratch remover.

Remember that underneath your bumper is plastic, black plastic.
    And it's the same color as the rubber scuff mark that you're trying to remove.
    Baka you might get carried away without knowing that you've already gone through the paint.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok thanks! For now will just use 3M scratch remover just to make it less obvious... Tapos detailing na lang later sabay na buong car...

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Try mo muna tanggalin ng WD40, then wash off with shampoo & apply cleaner wax. Wag scratch remover, masyadong abrasive yun.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Sir try meguiars scratch x 2.0

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Boss base sa itsura nya or if totally goma lang nadikitan mo. Kaya yan. Naganyan din vios ko dati kaso sa gulong ng crv. High speed yun crv then u-turn ako. nahagingan ako ng gulong. Ganyan din kalaki tama ko. Nakuha lang sa ultimate compound. If ramdam yun gomang nakadikit sa bumper pwede rin siguro wd40 para mabilis matanggal goma.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    UPDATE:

Here is another photo of the scuff with the flash on from my cellphone camera...

And here it is now after applying Turtle Wax Scratch and Swirl Remover...

Although its not perfect and some minor fine scratches can be seen upon close view, looks like nothing a full detailing can't repair. Good thing no paint was removed or worse a dent occurred. Anyway two thumbs up for the genie in the bottle hehe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast