New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    First of all what's a squeegie? yung mga silicon/rubber based glass drying thingy..

commonly found at gas stations pag mag papa clean ka ng glass..

they are soo cool kasi PERFECT DRY, no streaks, and mas sure ka na di ka magkaka waterspots.....

I personally use one of these.. higher quality than the typical ones na mabibili tig 150 or so pesos..

mines cost around 500+ , and looks very similar to this

I've been using this for over 2 years w/ my car now and NOT ONLY SA GLASS but also sa body! i mean why spend time DRYING w/ towels... 1 SWIPE and the glass/body is dry.. follow up nalang w/ microfiber for finishing dry..

so questions..

1) Why don't Car washes use these things? they're mighty effective and guarantees no streaks (i hate it when i get into my car after carwash and see streaks on my windshields from these worn out rags or what nots ..

2) Since this stuff is for Glass, I was wondering if they are SAFE for body of the car as well? I mean if you think about it.. it's really soft bendable silicon.. w/c isnt ruff on the body.. just glides, makes that cool squeeky noise, and leaves the body bone dry.. sooo easy to dry the whole car in a few minutes.

been using this personally on my old car, as well as for weeks now on my new lancer ex gt.. seems safe .. never game me no problems.. but what do ya'll think?

Anyway it really intrigues me why people and specially car wash services don't use this... for the glass AND the body..

any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    squeegies actually leaves more scratches on the paint than using a clean "rag" to dry the car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yung guaranteed safe for any part of the car na squegee is the California Jelly Blade (medyo expensive * 1300 each) which is made of all-silicone and totally pliable. You can do a search sa Internet about this brand.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    one popular auto detailing shop use this but not CWB which is more expensive.

taiwan made ang ginagamit nila, much cheaper than CWB.

as he said gusto ng iba branded, pareho lang naman ang effect and for the paint's

safety from scratches, Reliable...

IMO...just wash your car totally (get rid of the sand and big particles) and use this water blades

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjWkB_q2lE"]YouTube - Fifth Gear 15x01 Car Wash[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kideex View Post
    one popular auto detailing shop use this but not CWB which is more expensive.

taiwan made ang ginagamit nila, much cheaper than CWB.

as he said gusto ng iba branded, pareho lang naman ang effect and for the paint's

safety from scratches, Reliable...

IMO...just wash your car totally (get rid of the sand and big particles) and use this water blades
    Watch the Fifth Gear car wash test.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradp View Post
    Yung guaranteed safe for any part of the car na squegee is the California Jelly Blade (medyo expensive * 1300 each) which is made of all-silicone and totally pliable. You can do a search sa Internet about this brand.
    Watch the Fifth Gear car wash test.

Was just wonderin about carwash services.. bat di gumagamet ng squeegies?