New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    advises please. im planning to do this my own, just wanted to know if its worth the effort o hayaan ko na lang ibang tao ang magpaka hirap linisin ang aking sasakyan!!! heheheheh! thanks! :twisted:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    linis ba ang kailangan mo?

you dont need a rubbing compound!!!!!!!!!

tanggal pintura mo niyan....

try to read more about this dito sa board and sa PINAS DETAILING ni theveed....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KALOG:::leave it to the professional... baka more harm than good ang lumabas. I had mine waxed. But before doing it the paint shop had to rubbed it as the paint is a little bit rough.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you insist pa rin

use rubbing compund a small amount on a rag soaked with paint thinner...

be very very very very very very very careful lalo na sa corners manipis ang paint dun

when all the scratches are gone, glaze it then polish,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpoy: Paint thinner???? No way... the rubbing compound itself is capable of removing at least 2-3 mils of paint by itself, adding paint thinner will definitely take no more than a few seconds to remove all of your paint except the base coats. Rubbing compounds are basically cream/liquid sandpaper of 1500 grit up.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    use paint thinner moderatel

para lang less rub,

yung paint thinner naman dito is kerosene

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    incorrect sir, kerosene is NOT a solvent, it will NOT thin paint. paint thinner is a solvent.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed::: I know it sounds crazy, but kerosene nga nilalagay sa lata ng "industrial strength" rubbing compound sa mga talyer. It works though. Me, i use RM rubbing compound (without thinner) to remove shoe marks from my side claddings. Ang tagal kasi pag turtle wax (or any other abraisive waxes for that matter). Super konti lang. the topcoat doesnt seem to get damaged.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup i know kerosene is used, but not paint thinner, 2 are totally different substances.... what kerosene does is add a little petroleum cleaning properties to the abrasive compound to simultaneously clean, provide lubrication and strip thin layer of paint (due to the compound).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to use Rubbing Component correctly?