New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I washed my car after one week and discovered watermarks on the roof and trunk. I waxed my car using Collinite but I could not take the watermark stains out on the paint. I could live with the watermark stains on the glass but the paint is unacceptable.

The horrible ulan-araw weather did this to my car's paint

Is it safe for me to remove on my own? What are the steps?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    There is a water mark remover sold in hardwares and auto shops
    If you don't want to DIY
    you can have the services at a price of 600-1k if I'm not mistaken

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pa wax nyo nalang po sa carwash ,kadalasan po sa mga wild shiel window nangyayari ang ganyan.acid rain ,
    ako ang gamit ko rubbing compound sa glass,dati mano mano manual kong nirarub.pero nakaka pagod kaya naisipan ko nalang bumili ng
    buffing machine.3k lang po kuha ko sa raon..

4. Join Date
    May 2006

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I washed my car after one week and discovered watermarks on the roof and trunk. I waxed my car using Collinite but I could not take the watermark stains out on the paint. I could live with the watermark stains on the glass but the paint is unacceptable.

The horrible ulan-araw weather did this to my car's paint

Is it safe for me to remove on my own? What are the steps?
    I think the first step is an cleaner wax. Unfortunately, aside from it being a chore to apply & remove by hand, it also strips away a layer of paint. The sun is the culprit & unless you park in a covered area, the problem is most likely to recur. Why not invest in having the paint professionally treated with paint protection after, to reduce chances of fading in the future. FYI, after getting home from a rainy drive, I usually dry my roof & hood with a chammy cloth, just to prevent the heat radiating from the metal to dry up then water beads, the pop up the hood to cool down the engine bay. This might help. Good luck

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I think the first step is an cleaner wax. Unfortunately, aside from it being a chore to apply & remove by hand, it also strips away a layer of paint. The sun is the culprit & unless you park in a covered area, the problem is most likely to recur. Why not invest in having the paint professionally treated with paint protection after, to reduce chances of fading in the future. FYI, after getting home from a rainy drive, I usually dry my roof & hood with a chammy cloth, just to prevent the heat radiating from the metal to dry up then water beads, the pop up the hood to cool down the engine bay. This might help. Good luck
    oh my god :rant: I had no idea that leaving my car dirty for a week would cause this much damage

So if I take it to a professional detailer, they will still use a cleaner wax and strip off a layer of paint?

Is it okay for an amateur to apply the cleaner wax? I am afraid I might damage the paint if I do not do it properly? Can anyone please recommend a good cleaner wax. TIA.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Not a deep layer, just the very superficial one. Cleaner wax is better than a rubbing compound, which is more abrasive. You can do it yourself, but apply it to a small, manageable section, like a foot square. I think 3m has sample sachets, or Microtex Nanofil. Try that first. Try buffing, but not too hard. Use damp applicator pad. Parang workout na rin. Good luck

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Not a deep layer, just the very superficial one. Cleaner wax is better than a rubbing compound, which is more abrasive. You can do it yourself, but apply it to a small, manageable section, like a foot square. I think 3m has sample sachets, or Microtex Nanofil. Try that first. Try buffing, but not too hard. Use damp applicator pad. Parang workout na rin. Good luck
    Thanks. It's so weird because only the roof and trunk has watermarks.

I'll try those next week. Hopefully the stains come out. So after the cleaner wax I will polish again?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Thanks. It's so weird because only the roof and trunk has watermarks.

I'll try those next week. Hopefully the stains come out. So after the cleaner wax I will polish again?
    Polish it again if it dosen/t come out
    bring it to the deatiling shop
    it maybe cheaper than doing it your self
    I experience watermarks too but I can live with it
    BTW what car is that parang impossible naman sa brandnew altis na magka watermark

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Polish it again if it dosen/t come out
    bring it to the deatiling shop
    it maybe cheaper than doing it your self
    I experience watermarks too but I can live with it
    BTW what car is that parang impossible naman sa brandnew altis na magka watermark
    2014 Altis. Paint was perfect until this week with the ulan araw weather. A few days before I hosed it off with water lang but I did not dry it. Saturday pwede ng tamnan ng kamote so when I washed it I saw the watermarks na. Weird lang talaga na sa roof and trunk lang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast