New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Paano nga ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not sure pro alam ko gas would do...or pabuff mo nalang..cguro you can use metal polish...

peace!!

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Lalo na sa rear bumper na malapit sa tambutso. tsk. tsk. tsk.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mc cleaner or wipeout...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    baka gaas, but not gas cguro

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi ng friend ko di na daw kaya kasi sunog na daw yung paint mismo...

kung gagamitan daw ng mga polishes and/or removers, ninipis yung coat tapos halatang di na pantay yung finish... :cry:

di ko lang sure though since i haven't tried it myself... btw, my friend owns an auto paint shop kaya i took his word for it :mrgreen:

sir theveed, pakicorrect nalang po kung mali

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Where's theveed?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm back hehe got sick...

anyway... what do you mean muffler burn? did your muffler come in contact with the paint or yung black soot lang?

if it's the black soot, your solution is quite simple lang coz what occured is the carbon deposits have accumulated on your painted area... while the solution is simple, it may not restore the paint fully coz pinatagal mo na eh...

you can clean the area muna with soap and water, then follow up with kerosene or a good water based degreaser. This will take a long time coz you'll have layers and layers of soot to remove (much like engine degreasing), after that your paint will look whitish and dull... At this point, use a good cleaner like 3M Finish Restorer or Meg #66 or EO Finish Restorer to remove the haze then repolish and wax...

Also, this may never have happned if your engine is working properly... Your exhaust shouldn't be emmitting (sp?) black smoke/carbon so much for it to stain your bumper. Have that checked as well...

If it's not black soot and burnt talaga, ignore what I just said and have it repainted :P

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Its brownish.

Repaint na lang ba ang solution?

tsk.tsk.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo muna yung cleaning route, kung ayaw, wala na...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to remove Muffler Burns?