New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    my car has a steak of adhesive (epoxy) bec. of our maid. how can this be removed? i've tried a tar and sap remover to no avail.

help!

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to find an epoxy remover of the same brand first... mahirap tanggalin epoxy when dried...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    thx, will try to find one...

yung chewing gum remover, will it work?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im not sure, but give it a shot since it's less aggressive than an adhesive remover.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    epoxy? yung 2 component epoxy? kung yun nga at napaghalo na yung dalwa (part A and part B) patay! that's very difficult to remove. it's already crosslinked na. walang houselhold solvent na kayang magtanggal nyan, in fact, kahit pa gasoline siguro gamitin mo, it would'nt be dissolved. the only way to remove it is to physically scrub it off, bit by bit, alalayan mo na lang ng soapy water or maybe a bit of rubbing compound -- use one with fine abrasives.

kung di naman napaghalo yung part a/part b, may pag-asa pa yan. kaya yan aromatic solvents. try any cleaning agent that has xylene or or toluene (read the product label to find out). pag hindi gumana, nakow. ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    only solution PALITAN ANG MAID, hehehe

kidding aside, try to look for an adhesive remover that have the same brand or that will work with epoxy.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    got the same problem with our car hanggang ngayon nandon pa rin di namin matanggal

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    eh kung sunugin yung epoxy?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    if nothing else works, palagay ko, scrub the paint then re-paint...:roll:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    mighty bond pala yung adhesive... i tried the adhesive remover.... wa epek

any other ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to remove adhesive on the body