New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I have a roof basket that needs a new paint. I often hear powder-coating. Can anyone suggest how to do this? Or if this can easily be DIYed? Or suggest any shop that would do this for not so expensive price.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have a roof basket that needs a new paint. I often hear powder-coating. Can anyone suggest how to do this?
    Powder coating is the technique of applying dry paint to a part. The final cured coating is the same as a 2-pack wet paint. In normal wet painting such as house paints, the solids are in suspension in a liquid carrier, which must evaporate before the solid paint coating is produced.

In powder coating, the powdered paint may be applied by either of two techniques.

1. The item is lowered into a fluidised bed of the powder, which may or may not be electrostatically charged, or
    2. The powdered paint is electrostatically charged and sprayed onto the part.

The part is then placed in an oven and the powder particles melt and coalesce to form a continuous film.

There are two main types of powder available to the surface finisher:

1. Thermoplastic powders that will remelt when heated, and
    2. Thermosetting powders that will not remelt upon reheating.

During the curing process (in the oven) a chemical cross-linking reaction is triggered at the curing temperature and it is this chemical reaction which gives the powder coating many of its desirable properties.

Or suggest any shop that would do this for not so expensive price.
    I believe Chrome dazzler offers this kind of services you can dial on this number 721-2961 for inquiries..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa pampanga meron.

When you exit the DAU exit in the NLEX, it is on the left side of the road coming from Manila.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    if you are living in QC area try this also
    Republic Powder coat congressional QC - 9263609
    and
    in Caloocan area also Republic Powder Coat
    here's the number 3656024-3656025

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks! we'll check your suggestions...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    How much na ang average price ng pagpapa-powder coat ngaun? Last check ko 2000 per 15 inch na mags. Ganun pa rin ba presyuhan ngayon?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    try drop-it auto shop in caloocan. they do this sort of stuff aside from auto painting and body works. dami ko naririnig na positive sa kanila

hth

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's a factory across Mickey's Autosound, near South Supermarket here in Pasig that has a large powdercoating facility as well.

How to powder coat?