New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    bago lang ako sa pagwax. tanung lang, after applying the wax, pano nyo bina-buff? kung manual buffing, ok lang ba? and anung ok na irecommend na pang buff?
    TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post
    bago lang ako sa pagwax. tanung lang, after applying the wax, pano nyo bina-buff? kung manual buffing, ok lang ba? and anung ok na irecommend na pang buff?
    TIA.
    Assuming you applied the wax properly (very thin, and even), it's best to buff off the wax by hand.

For buffing, use a microfibre towel or cotton terry towel.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Buffing after waxing is normally done manually, by hand. Use lint free microfiber towels. I usually wax the entire body first, let the wax dry 10-15 mins..then buff.

Machine buffing is done professionally..usually after applying heavy rubbing compounds and machine glaze products.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Every week din ako mag-wax using Step 3 wax ng Mothers and Reflections Topcoat after for the glossy finish ;) Tapos every other week e sinasamahan ko ng Step 2 before Step 3 and topcoat. Exercise na din sya talaga hehe.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For a new car (just had my Innova released last December 2008), how many months before mag pa-wax ako. The car is still shiny after a car wash.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    For a new car (just had my Innova released last December 2008), how many months before mag pa-wax ako. The car is still shiny after a car wash.
    You have to wait 2-3 months before you wax a new painted car. HOWEVER, most new cars that came from the casa has already been sitting there for at least a month or so. You can already wax your car anytime as you see fit.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Preserve/protect your car sheen with polymer (synthetic) sealant. Polymersealants produce a tough protective barrier which easily shrugs of damaging pollutants and seals in the shine. This is what I do: Wash-Dry-Apply 3m scratch remover (if necessary)-hand glaze-seals the job with a polymer sealant. For a more deep glossy shine, I top it off with liquid carnauba.
    Last edited by leinahtan; January 26th, 2009 at 07:41 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For me, for brand new cars, I never wax them for a few months. This is because paint has a natural topcoat.....

7404:laundry:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Depende siguro sa manufacturer. My car's manual says it's ok to apply wax immediately. AKAIK we need to apply wax because it's the top coat that we're trying to protect.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    turtle wax ice every weekend. very easy to apply you're done in like 15mins...

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
How often you wax your car