New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sirs, how often should i wash my black car? dito po sa cdo especially 3rd and 4th qtr ay malimit umulan late sa hapon and i shave it washed 2-3 times a week. it it ok to wax it 1 a week to keep the shine?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Looks like you have a lot of time to be able to wax your car once a week
    But once a month should be sufficient. You can use detailing spray in between waxes. I don't know if it is available there but I personally use Wax as you Dry by Eagle One in between waxes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's counterproductive to wax once a week. if you really, really want to make sure you always have wax on your ride, then maybe you should - especially if you live in an area of the Philippines that has extreme temperatures, climate changes, and pollution.

but that's a huge waste of time. i agree with the above poster that once a month is more than enough, and even once a quarter would be ok, especially if you're using sealants before you wax.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to wax 3-4x a week hehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    you can wash and wax it as often as you want.. but yeah, i agree with the posters above... once or twice a month is enough, especially if you have it washed 2-3 times a week. just make sure to use a car shampoo that doesn't strip the wax from your paint.

also try to always park where its shaded na lang para di kumapit yung rain/watermarks sa paint. pag di maulan.. if available there, use a California Car Duster to remove the dust, then Use a Quick Detailer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you have the tools (example a buffer) and the time, ok lang once a week.
    but imho, twice or once a month is ok. in between waxings, use a quick detailer.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I used to wax 3-4x a week hehe.
    wag mo na siya igaya pre...sakit na yang sayo eh

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    napupudpod po ba ang top coat pag palagi kang nag wawax

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, read the Detailing Newbies FAQ from page 1.

How often should i wax my black car?