New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just bought Collinite 845. I am thinking of a good cleaner wax.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Now I know kung nasaan ka habang you were on hiatus sa Tsikot

Anyway, cleaning the paint simply prepares the paint for wax/sealant application. Usually, your aim here is to remove any still-alive wax so you can lay another fresh wax over the paint. Think about it much like washing your face to remove makeup. This way, you ensure maximum adhesion and uniformity.

As for cleaner waxes, there's a lot out in the market. Most accessible would probably be Mother's Cleaner Wax / Step 1 (pure cleaner). Meguiar also has an extensive distribution network so it might be easy to access their ColorX and M66. Collinite also has their Sapphire Wax SS#126 which does the same job.

The most famous cleaner/wax (or more specifically, cleaner/sealant) would probably be KAIO or Klasse All-in-One. Its legendary for its ability chemically clean your paint (strips off wax and paint contaminants such as oxidation). Most use it as a base layer and then top it with KSG or Klasse Sealant/Glaze. There are also a few more "best-sellers" but most of them aren't in the country. Such as Duragloss 105/501 and Finish Kare.

You might want to look into purchasing AIO products (polish, clean, protect) products so you could skip the light polishing part instead of cleaner/waxes if budget permits. Polishing is great especially if done quarterly just to remove light swirl marks. I do my polishing more or less around that interval (every 3 months). Personally, a favorite one-step of mine is Optimum's Poli-seal.

Most cleaner wax and AIOs are jack of all trades. So don't expect them to match a famous dedicated cleaner, wax, or polish in terms of performance. But for the ease of use, they win hands-down of course.

If you just want to clean the surface paint and strip all the wax at the minimal cost, some detailers use a diluted isopropyl alcohol mix to remove them. Others who are more resourceful uses dishwashing liquid... like JOY :naughty2:. For more seasoned detailers though, we kinda stick to using detailing cleaners instead. It's more safe and well.. we love our cars. Har har..

P.S. Well, since I was too lazy to post in PD.com, I might as well reply here:

Zymol has good reviews but at a hefty price. In most cases, I can't justify its performance with its price. There's really just two of them gunning for the exotic expensive crowd.. Zymol and Swissvax. Underneath them would the likes of Pinnacle and Dodo Juice.

--

Personally, I use KAIO as my favorite cleaner which I usually top of with my wax/sealant/LSP of choice. It's usually topped using KSG, but I'm currently using Dodo Juice's Supernatural Hybrid. I also topped it with Collinite in the past though. Alternatively, I've also used Collinite's cleaner SS #126 and #845 before with arguably less results on a white car (like I said, KAIO is legendary.. it strips off libag easily)
    Last edited by jhnkvn; August 14th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is this what you recommend? How do I apply this?

I don't see my adviser on detailing at PD or Tsikot around anymore. Sorry for the newbie bordering stupid questions

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Is this what you recommend? How do I apply this?

I don't see my adviser on detailing at PD or Tsikot around anymore. Sorry for the newbie bordering stupid questions

Yep. That's the Klasse AIO. Previous distributor was Dexterton in Sgt. Rivera near Banawe (Araneta Avenue) if memory serves right.

As for application, it's just to put in on the applicator pad, spread it to the panel, buff off. As for the tricks behind it, well... isa lang actually. Apply very lightly. if you see it, you're applying a bit too much so spread it even more until you have difficulty seeing it. Then buff it off after a minute or so. For a fickle detailer, that "jar" of KAIO will last you more than 4 years generally although most of you will exceed that.

A peso-sized drop should cover your entire Altis hood. That's how economical it is. Don't worry about the how effective its cleaning is, because it's all chemical so don't buff it off like a madman. Usual buffing techniques are good. It's also great to do a side-by-side comparison between a non-cleaned panel and cleaned panel para maganahan ka.

If you have a machine, you can use that too. But I typically like hand application for KAIO and KSG.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Jhnkvn pretty much covered it. As he mentioned, particularly if you're not planning on doing a full exterior detailing session, it's worth considering an AIO with some cut, to help round and minimize the appearance of minor swirls and scratches. Alternatively, it might also be worth considering going with a dedicated paint cleaner instead - something like Meguiar's or Mother's Step 1, or even Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, would serve to prep the paint prior to applying 845.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Personally, a favorite one-step of mine is Optimum's Poli-seal.
    Bad trip lang sa Poliseal naghihiwalay ang solid and liquid. Had to craft a whisk from alambre then halo using electric drill.

Kung makapal din ang application (as with most products) sakit sa balikat tanggalin. The Microtex wax applicator is best for hand application.

Pero tanggal libag

OT: umi ginagamit mo pa Sil mo? Baka pwede mo na ipamana

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    .....But I typically like hand application for KAIO and KSG.
    Props to hand application...im a fan of it myself. The rotary only gets brought out under extreme conditions. But if i had a choice...hand application pa rin.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Bad trip lang sa Poliseal naghihiwalay ang solid and liquid. Had to craft a whisk from alambre then halo using electric drill.

Kung makapal din ang application (as with most products) sakit sa balikat tanggalin. The Microtex wax applicator is best for hand application.

Pero tanggal libag

OT: umi ginagamit mo pa Sil mo? Baka pwede mo na ipamana
    Hmmmm... actually not too much anymore, hehe :D I'm thinking of selling off some items actually...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by allenjo View Post
    Props to hand application...im a fan of it myself. The rotary only gets brought out under extreme conditions. But if i had a choice...hand application pa rin.
    Ako hand application kasi walang machine

*umi
    Discounted ha :naughty2: nagaabang na ako if ever ng price list

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May risk masira paint kapag hindi marunong gumamit ng machine diba?

Saan ba yung Hillsborough detailers sa Magallanes? Hindi ko napapansin. I am seriously thinking of having my car clayed there, Tapos maintain na lang ng KAIO and 845

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast