New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hey guys... i just got a bnew car this friday. i haven't washed it yet... what could i do to maintain the paint looking as it is for a long long time...???? and how do i avoid swirls when the time comes to wash it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Swirls are a part of a car's life, unless you dont touch and use the car at all, your paint will be swirled to some extend one time or another, your only recourse is to MINIMIZE the damage as much as possible... Car maintenance is a very tedious task.. It's not something that we can discuss in one short session hehe...

Basically, wash before the car gets too dirty, use correct washing and drying techniques, wax or seal often, etc etc etc...

Just remember, prevention is better than cure...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    amen to that!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    does having a ziebart paint protection on your vehicle cld avoid/lessen these swirls?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ziebart can lessen the swirls... actually it is like applying another top coat to your car... there is this scratch proof resistance top coat from Rock Paint.
    to maintain the paint of a brand new car (OEM PAINTS)... do not use a feather duster bec this will cause small scratches, if your car is full of dirt use water with a little car shampoo but don't use a pressurize house to clean it bec this may also leave some scratches. do not rub your car to often as this will thin the top coat and eventually the paint, the only time you will rub your car is if there are a lot of scratches... just use wax.. try using jim's polishing agent

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    scratch proof????
    first time i heard of such thing.

i hope it's not a false claim

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey guys... i just got a bnew car this friday. i haven't washed it yet... what could i do to maintain the paint looking as it is for a long long time...???? and how do i avoid swirls when the time comes to wash it?
    Try visiting our detailing forum. We might be able to help you maintain that brand new look of your ride.:wink:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpoy,

regarding the scratch resistance, it is not a false claim. the reason why only a few shops would recommend it is that it is hard to apply. the scratch resistance clear will prevent swirls occured when buffing or cleaning your car but of course if you intentionally scratch it...its a totally different story.
    i already have tried this product. i'm not sure if they are still selling it because of the low demand

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dtg
    kimpoy,

regarding the scratch resistance, it is not a false claim. the reason why only a few shops would recommend it is that it is hard to apply. the scratch resistance clear will prevent swirls occured when buffing or cleaning your car but of course if you intentionally scratch it...its a totally different story.
    i already have tried this product. i'm not sure if they are still selling it because of the low demand
    is scratchproof and scratch resistance the same???
    linawin mo naman sir, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how to maintain paint on a bnew car