New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Need some advice:

My car was keyed by some a**hole several weeks ago in a mall parking lot. The scratch is about 30 cm long, but is pretty deep for the first 5 cm, penetrating the outer coat.

I want this to be fixed but don't know what is usually done in these cases. Do you have this buffed out, painted using touch-up paint, or have the entire door panel repainted? (its the driver's side door) The scratch is small but annoying since some dirt has gotten trapped in it and its difficult for me to brush it out using a soft-bristle toothbrush.

If anyone can recommend shops in the Alabang area that can help me with this I will greatly appreciate it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpunzalan View Post
    Need some advice:

My car was keyed by some a**hole several weeks ago in a mall parking lot. The scratch is about 30 cm long, but is pretty deep for the first 5 cm, penetrating the outer coat.

I want this to be fixed but don't know what is usually done in these cases. Do you have this buffed out, painted using touch-up paint, or have the entire door panel repainted? (its the driver's side door) The scratch is small but annoying since some dirt has gotten trapped in it and its difficult for me to brush it out using a soft-bristle toothbrush.

If anyone can recommend shops in the Alabang area that can help me with this I will greatly appreciate it.
    i really don't know if that can be done via touch-up paint. but i really don't know a paint shop in alabang.

in las pinas, there are lots of excellent shops:

genspeed in marcos alvarez (moonwalk las pinas)
    within BF resort drive las pinas, there is a paint shop there too (near magic wand bake shop).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    comrade,

how about in marikina area? meron kasing nakasagi ng sidemirror ko eh may kunting kunting tuklap siya eh puti na..di na ata kaya ng rubbing...eh since exposed na yung paint baka lumaki pa eh..

How to Fix Small Scratch