New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    And exactly how will this help if the cat is inside the engine bay? Last week my trucks hood had paw marks. And scratches. While I do not mind such silly damages I do mind having cats inside (and getting killed) in the engine. Mahirap linisin ang engine bay unlike say your hood.

And they breed like pest. So do dogs. And rats. I hope the local city pound (yeah, we do have one with the staff all sound asleep doing nothing) actually does something about street cats and dogs. Sigurdo inaantay pa magkaruon ng problema bago kumilos.
    Nakakainis din ung mga aso. Iniihihan ung kotse mo.

one time, i was carrying alot of boxes while walking towards my car which was 20-30meters away. i can do nothing but stare and get angry with the dog that pissed on my car. sinubukan ko rin i-unlock yung car pero the alarm didn't even scared the dog away.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    I got the same problem too, problema pusa ng wife ko yung mga yun, i'm planning to put fish net around the car, isasabit ko from the ceiling down to the floor, parang kulambo effect, tingin ko yun ang pinaka-best gawin, gagastos nga lang ako for fish net, or baka pwede ring ordinary kulambo ... pero much cheaper sa pagpapa-ayos ng scratches.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    My monty just had its share of scratches c/o a stray cat here in our street. Hirap bantayan, past 1am na umaakyat ng hood.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    I hope all you cat murderers spend eternity in hell.

Get a stupid car cover and take the time to actually tie it down properly than murdering innocent cats! Sinisi pa ang pusa sa kapabayaan nila.
    Do you think this would solve the problem?

Napaka bilis mo namang humusga ng kapwa mo by condeming them to hell...
    Perfect ka ba?

Sinisi pa ang me mga me ari for what's obviously a pesky problem!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ang car cover namin may mga punit na parang ginamitan ng cutter, grabe talaga claws ng pusa whew. Pero hindi na umaabot sa loob yung scratches and paw prints... Agree ako sa pag release ng aso sa backyard or sa parking lot to drive away cats kahit papaano... Or lagyan ng karton yung hood at windsheild to avoid scratches mula sa mga pusa

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The problem with some people is that it's so convenient for them to place blame on another thing instead of looking at themselves and asking what must they be doing wrong. That is where ignorance meets idiocy.

Cats don't intentionally want your hood to be scratched. It's actually a very poor surface for scratching because it's not rough and their claws can't dig in the metal hood. Cats like to scratch trees and furniture and maybe tires because their claws can dig in the rough surface and the relatively softer material.

Don't street park your car.
    Don't park where there are lots of cats.
    Invest in a good quality car cover.

We have 4 vehicles, all of them street parked with no car cover. We live in a street with LOTS of cats. In fact, we take care of 5 cats ourselves. Other than some catfights UNDER the vehicles, I have yet to see a scratch or a cat sleeping on the warm hoods of our cars. The hood may be warm, but it is VERY SLIPPERY. Do you want to sleep on a slippery surface? Or on a place where someone is very likely to disturb you in your sleep? They always prefer sleeping under the car, and they always rouse up and leave when the car is started. So I find stories like in the previous pages plausible at best, but again it is highly unlikely. The "cat in the engine" story are most likely to involve stray kittens, and I implore you to have a heart and coax them out instead than use the car and risk killing it. Besides, it's much more difficult to remove a dead kitten than a live one.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sa tingin ko cats climb our hoods is because they are trying to avoid other cats that bulley them. My cats used to climb the hood of my truck, so I let them stay inside the house... lo and behold no more cat paws on my hood!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    The problem with some people is that it's so convenient for them to place blame on another thing instead of looking at themselves and asking what must they be doing wrong. That is where ignorance meets idiocy.

Cats don't intentionally want your hood to be scratched. It's actually a very poor surface for scratching because it's not rough and their claws can't dig in the metal hood. Cats like to scratch trees and furniture and maybe tires because their claws can dig in the rough surface and the relatively softer material.

Don't street park your car.
    Don't park where there are lots of cats.
    Invest in a good quality car cover.

We have 4 vehicles, all of them street parked with no car cover. We live in a street with LOTS of cats. In fact, we take care of 5 cats ourselves. Other than some catfights UNDER the vehicles, I have yet to see a scratch or a cat sleeping on the warm hoods of our cars. The hood may be warm, but it is VERY SLIPPERY. Do you want to sleep on a slippery surface? Or on a place where someone is very likely to disturb you in your sleep? They always prefer sleeping under the car, and they always rouse up and leave when the car is started. So I find stories like in the previous pages plausible at best, but again it is highly unlikely. The "cat in the engine" story are most likely to involve stray kittens, and I implore you to have a heart and coax them out instead than use the car and risk killing it. Besides, it's much more difficult to remove a dead kitten than a live one.
    Which part of cats (and dogs, rats, etc.) spreading like pest did you fail to understand? When I see a cat roaming around the neighborhood I do not mind them. But when I see DOZENS of cats, all over the place, then I suspect some bleeding heart bumble head started feeding stray cats (thus promoting them to settle and breed like hell).

And asking anyone to continuously check his/her car engine for stray cats (or kittens or rats or whatever)...well....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    ok so this is the 4th time i had scratches on my hood because of cats. buti na lang di ganon kalalim karamihan, pero yung iba palagay ko kelangan repaint na pero konti lang naman yung malalim. pikon na ko kakalinis ko lang kagabi ng kotse ko tapos kaninang umaga panay foot marks, balahibo at scratches ng pusa sa hood.:fire: i live in a condo and park on the basement, minsan gusto ko talaga abang yung mga pusa don at yari sila pag naabutan ko. but since di naman ako pwede naka tambay lang sa basement ano ba pwede ko gawin para di na nila lapitan ang kotse ko?
    1. Anti Freeze
    2. Acetaminophen
    3. Dora/Raccumin
    4. Garlic/Onion
    5. dog flea and tick powder
    6. lilies/tulip/daffodil
    7. Moth balls

...etc.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hahaha, anak ng pusa, sakit nga sa ulo yan...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
how to deal with cats?