New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/0shq.jpg/

How to clean these headlights?
    what are the materials needed?
    yung loob po ba yung nagpapa yellow or yung labas?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sa labas yan nagiging yellow. yung plastic mismo, what you can do is buy the finest sand paper sa car paint stores. i think the finest is 2500. then buy a scratch remover paste. buy also microfiber clothes (at least 3 pieces).

here's what you should do, with water in a basin, dip the sand paper in the water then lightly sand the plastic where the yellow is. please note to sand lightly and always keep the sandpaper totally wet or drip water on the part you are sanding. also do this vertically or horizontally only and not circular. after some sanding, wipe the plastic and you will notice that it is now clouded, not clear anymore. dont worry. then use the scratch remover paste on a microfiber and polish the plastic until it becomes crystal clear again. it might take you 4 to 5 times polishing before you get the plastice clear again. you need to exert some effort polishing it until you get the desired result.

disclaimer: i'm not an expert or professional but this is what i did for the headlights of our honda accord. i also got to learn this process in the internet. it proved very useful and effective. please follow this at your own risk.

you can also get professional service for 1k. but you will notice that they will also do it this way. hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung hindi naman masyadong yellow pa, you can also try toothpaste (yung white). na try ko na, and ok naman sya.
    kung sobrang dilaw na, baka discoloration na yan... baka you need to change na your HLs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In our case, wax does the trick since it's not too yellowish yet.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    sa labas yan nagiging yellow. yung plastic mismo, what you can do is buy the finest sand paper sa car paint stores. i think the finest is 2500. then buy a scratch remover paste. buy also microfiber clothes (at least 3 pieces).

here's what you should do, with water in a basin, dip the sand paper in the water then lightly sand the plastic where the yellow is. please note to sand lightly and always keep the sandpaper totally wet or drip water on the part you are sanding. also do this vertically or horizontally only and not circular. after some sanding, wipe the plastic and you will notice that it is now clouded, not clear anymore. dont worry. then use the scratch remover paste on a microfiber and polish the plastic until it becomes crystal clear again. it might take you 4 to 5 times polishing before you get the plastice clear again. you need to exert some effort polishing it until you get the desired result.

disclaimer: i'm not an expert or professional but this is what i did for the headlights of our honda accord. i also got to learn this process in the internet. it proved very useful and effective. please follow this at your own risk.

you can also get professional service for 1k. but you will notice that they will also do it this way. hope this helps.
    Dont try sanding your headlights if you are not familiar with the proper way. Yung sa akin, naging ganyan din. I only used my Black & Decker buffing machine tapos regular na car wax lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    we use hapee toothpaste yung white color.
    then maintain it with wax

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post

Thank you sir for your detailed reply.Appreciated much

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    kung hindi naman masyadong yellow pa, you can also try toothpaste (yung white). na try ko na, and ok naman sya.
    kung sobrang dilaw na, baka discoloration na yan... baka you need to change na your HLs.
    sir ibbrush lang ba yung HL hindi ba magkaka scratch?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    In our case, wax does the trick since it's not too yellowish yet.
    any wax will do? carnauba wax sir?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Dont try sanding your headlights if you are not familiar with the proper way. Yung sa akin, naging ganyan din. I only used my Black & Decker buffing machine tapos regular na car wax lang.
    sir wax and buff ba agad? good as new ba? parang sabi sakin every 2 months daw talaga gaganyanin yung Headlights

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast