New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ..pahabol lang:

I did the following on my father's surf recently: (The stepboard is aluminum with grooves.)
    -Process 1: Used EO-A2Z All Wheel Cleaner on 1/3 of the stepboard and just hosed it off. Ok naman, looked clean and bright. Did a second pass of EO-A2Z and used a soft brown (local) scrub before hosing off. Cleaner, of course, but no spectacular improvement.
    -Process 2: Used Armor All MPC on 1/3 of the stepboard with water and scrubbed also. Came out with almost the same result as first process.
    -Process 3: Used Tide and water and scrubbed again on the last part, hosed off. Not a far cry from the first 2 results.

Conclusion: I will stick to tide and water if and only if the dirt or grime will not be removed by water and scrub alone. Kasi for me no spectacular difference with the different products e. For maintenance, water and light scrubbing will do for me. For konting "show," will use use either of the first 2 process, whichever is in my reach at the time.

Theveed is right with the polisher, its the only thing that will bring back the "new look" talaga.

I think the stainless ones will need extra attention, and it will be more fun and rewarding to detail. While the aluminum ones look great already just by being clean. Although a little application of AA-Low Gloss on the inner, vertical part of the aluminum stepboard which faces the "audience" will be a plus. Konti lang ha, anyway it won't last that long kasi di naman maaabsorb.

Note: I did the tests so I'd know what to do and what I need in the future. Light scrubbing lang for all processes.

Opinion ko lang naman...

[size=18]carn vice[/size]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka, bat nagdouble post tapos Dianne ang pangalan ng 1st post ni Ogie?

Weird bug..

BTW, I found out something cool the other day... I sprayed some APC+ sa muffler ko (stainless) na super dumi and black na... then got a loofah pad (yung pangligo, pero flat na parang patty) and used that to scrub... Hanep, 2 scrubs lang naging kulay bakal ulit muffler ko... hehe... It's not as abrasive as a steel wool.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yup, when it happened I noticed above that "Logout [ Dianne ]" was displayed, although I had to login naman to reply.. weird. So I re-posted, but had a hard time in the process, oks lang naman.

Okay pala loofah, hehehe! Arbor ko nga sa wife ko -kung papayag!

[size=18]carn :lol: vice[/size]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagmumukha raw
    astig yung CRV at Adventure
    Siguro dahil may OEM stepboards ang mga SUV's. Siyempre sunod sa uso. Pero mas cool talaga ang wala. :mrgreen: Ayoko kasi ng maraming borloloy sa sasakyan like those front and rear bullbars, those chrome taillamp thingies, mga sticker, etc.. Nagmumukang pampasadang FX, eh.

Siguro yung spare tire cover ang next kong tatanggalin.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
how to clean step boards on SUVs/AUVs