New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just cleaned my car's engine, and did it when it was still cold. Sprayed Simple Green for automotive applications (maraming versions kasi) and tried getting hard to reach spots like between the injection pump, behind the fan, along the fuel filters (recently did a DIY and it's been dirty), etc. When I sprayed the engine some degreaser got into the paint so I used a good paint cleaner to take it off. So just be warned not to use degreasers on paint, or have some paint cleaner handy with you. Rinsed off nicely but did not have a chance to photograph it.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i always have a paint bruch with me sa kotse. pag may alikabok , brush agad. a tooth brush for hard to reach parts will do a lot of help.
    prevent lang na ma puno ng alikabok para hindi mahirap linisan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    pag brand new car...pinapa engine wash nyo ba? pano? punas lang? maalikabot na kasi...thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *bondz: its ok for brand new cars to go through engine wash but better make sure the place you're having it done has a blower to clean all the nooks and cranies inside the engine.

Engine wash is usually done by covering up the main parts with a dry rag followed by a plastic bag, the items covered are the alternator, the electrical components, computer box, sensors and some other stuffs, then they hose down the whole engine bay and basically wash the interior of the car with shampoo as they would your exterior, and then rinse it off again and dry it with a blower, IMO its very important they use a blower to make sure the engine is completely dry before you start the engine.

Engine washes sometimes go up to 500 per wash, if its just some dusts that got accumulated then a damp cloth would also do the trick, what you could do is get a bucket full of water and a MF towel and wipe from the underside of the hood all the way down and when your towel gets dirty just rinse it in the bucket, wring out all the water and wipe again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
how to clean engine bay?