New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    got the car (azure gray colored) from the dealer about a week ago. yesterday we noticed the appearance of yellowish-reddish stains on the hood. my dad drives the car around and he denies seeing bird poop on the hood prior to the appearance os the said stains. we tried waxing them off to no avail. any inputs on what could have caused these stains so that it could be avoided in the future? and if we opt to repaint the hood care of in-house insurance (suzuki) would they repaint the whole bonnet or just the stained areas? thank you and have a good day.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it looks too perfectly shaped and positioned. must be a mark from the casa or plant. check mo ibang units kung meron din. baka mark yan ng "returned" or "defective" unit. hahaha. joke.

pero seriously, 1st step they would take would of course be the cheapest. so malamang rubbing compound. kung hindi kaya, malamang yung area lang ang i-rerepaint. i doubt if it's the whole hood.

warranty claim yan hindi insurance. hindi ata sasagutin ng insurance ang ganyang kaliit na damage. mas mahal pa participation fee mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    balik niyo sa casa. sila na bahala diyan. pero ang nakakatakot diyan is baka i rubbing lang yan. dapat stated kung ano ang gagawin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I've had tree sap leave marks that looks exactly like that.
    Kulay pula yung sap, and had a waxy texture -- somewhat like the wax coating of Queso-de-bola. When washed off, it left an achuete colored stain just like the one you had. I got those tree sap stains after I drove through Valle Verde 1.
    Niether clay nor cleaner waxes had no effect. I had to resort to a more aggressive solution such as ScratchX to get the stain out.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    just did a bit of googling and read that isopropyl alcohol might work in removing the tree sap but im scared of damaging the paintwork. 2 products always come up and they are 1. ess recommended meguiar's scratchx and 2. 3m adhesive remover. anyone with firsthand experience using these products? will they damage or dull the paintwork? and where can i buy them? thanks you all.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by -freelancer- View Post
    just did a bit of googling and read that isopropyl alcohol might work in removing the tree sap but im scared of damaging the paintwork. 2 products always come up and they are 1. ess recommended meguiar's scratchx and 2. 3m adhesive remover. anyone with firsthand experience using these products? will they damage or dull the paintwork? and where can i buy them? thanks you all.
    RE: Alcohol
    You can try it on the smallest stain spot. Use a cotton swab so you can have maximum control on how much alcohol goes to the paint.

RE: ScratchX or other scratch removers
    IF you can find a friend who has some, hingi ka na lang ng konti. Then see if it works. If it does the job, go ahead an buy one. You can find ScratchX at Blade, Hans Tools and TrueValue.
    ScratchX works for me. Yun nga lang... you have to remember that ScratchX and other similar products DOES remove a little bit of paint..

hood stains