New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Hi guys, do you know of any shop in Laguna (primarily in sta rosa, calamba, and los baños area) that offers the two-bucket method of car washing? I have a newly coated car and a detailing shop in Calamba washed my car yesterday. To think that they are a detailing shop and even offers ceramic coating, they do not employ the two-bucket method. One guy was even rinsing the microfibre towel on the floor of the shop. The shop was covered but has no walls and was beside the road, understandably the floor was dirty. I think they didn't change towels when going from the bottom parts of my car to the top parts.

I thought they knew what they were doing because it was an auto-detailer. I haven't checked yet but I think my car earned swirl marks because of them.

Now, any shop you can recommend that wouldn't damage my paint?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylog1c View Post
    Hi guys, do you know of any shop in Laguna (primarily in sta rosa, calamba, and los baños area) that offers the two-bucket method of car washing? I have a newly coated car and a detailing shop in Calamba washed my car yesterday. To think that they are a detailing shop and even offers ceramic coating, they do not employ the two-bucket method. One guy was even rinsing the microfibre towel on the floor of the shop. The shop was covered but has no walls and was beside the road, understandably the floor was dirty. I think they didn't change towels when going from the bottom parts of my car to the top parts.

I thought they knew what they were doing because it was an auto-detailer. I haven't checked yet but I think my car earned swirl marks because of them.

not in the said area pero mediyo malapit narin ito sa sta.rosa try jdm south sir so far i'v'e seen good reviews from them at FB you can look them up at their FB page just search jdm south. Haven't tried getting my card one there tho so I can't fully back them up.

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    It's hard to find carwash shops that use the 2 bucket method... as it is simply more work for them and takes longer to finish washing one car... and business is business.

What I do is I bring my own towels, mitts, shampoo, wax and even applicators. Plus since you're using your own shampoo, you can ask them to make 2-3 pails of soap water to be used on different panels para kahit papano fresh pa din and not dirty water toward the end. This will never be the same as using the 2 bucket method, but That way, it can somehow minimize your risks of swirl marks.

And syempre, just choose a carwash shop with knowledgeable people who at least knows the basics of correct washing:
    - separate bucket for tires and lower bumpers
    - top to bottom
    - rinsing immediately to avoid streaks
    - using flowing water or pail to rinse for easier drying
    - once the towel touches the ground, don't use them anymore

I'm sure a lot of people in the forum know more than what I've shared, just back read on the OC Detailing thread.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    It's hard to find carwash shops that use the 2 bucket method... as it is simply more work for them and takes longer to finish washing one car... and business is business.

What I do is I bring my own towels, mitts, shampoo, wax and even applicators. Plus since you're using your own shampoo, you can ask them to make 2-3 pails of soap water to be used on different panels para kahit papano fresh pa din and not dirty water toward the end. This will never be the same as using the 2 bucket method, but That way, it can somehow minimize your risks of swirl marks.

And syempre, just choose a carwash shop with knowledgeable people who at least knows the basics of correct washing:
    - separate bucket for tires and lower bumpers
    - top to bottom
    - rinsing immediately to avoid streaks
    - using flowing water or pail to rinse for easier drying
    - once the towel touches the ground, don't use them anymore

I'm sure a lot of people in the forum know more than what I've shared, just back read on the OC Detailing thread.
    Sir ano po yung streaks? Kasi pag nagcacarwash ako ng ako lang mediyo matagal bago ko marinse yung sasakyan kasi tinatapos ko muna talaga yung buong sasakyan then bago mag rinse.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Optimum Impressions Auto Detailing - Home | Facebook

Nakita ko lang po sa feed ni Sir Ginnova (Reflections Carcare) sa fb

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Jet Wash Auto Spa in Cabuyao Laguna is the only car wash I know ( in laguna ) that uses 2 bucket system + grit guards.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    Jet Wash Auto Spa in Cabuyao Laguna is the only car wash I know ( in laguna ) that uses 2 bucket system + grit guards.
    Hi sir,

Master STockengine refer me to you on ONR. How much are you selling per gallon ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app