New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    1. Has anyone ever tried California Jelly Blade?
    2. Can Jelly Blade scratch or mar your paint?
    3. Has anyone tried the Micro Magic Silicone Blade?

Scenario: See i bought a Jelly Blade months ago and haven't used it because i was scared it might actually run some dusts in the paint and scratch it, i was at Blade last night and saw a Micro Magic Version, so i opted to buy one and maybe give out a review of the product, but for now i just want to know if the original California Jelly Blade can scratch the paint of my beautiful black car Inna, because if it can i won't even bother using the Micro Magic version since the Micro Magic version is a tad bit tougher to touch unlike the California Jelly Blade which is slightly softer

1. Did mothers replace the Back-to-Black to Naturally Black?
    2. Would it be harmful if i accidentally got some on the paint?

Scenario: I was looking for the Back-to-Black to add to my collection as well as maybe try to revive the original color of the trims between the hood and windshield of my car, its been about a week now and i haven't found any Back-to-Black instead i stumbled upon this Mothers Naturally Black and was wondering if this is the same stuff. Next aside from Mothers, can you guys recommend any other good brands that can maybe restore the old color and darkness of my plastic and rubber trims? i think they got stained by getting some waxes and Carlack SG during my noob days in detailing and now im bent on reversing the damage. Also my family has a 99 Revo where the black leatherette dash board got scratch and discolored due to abuse, is there anyway i can maybe mask the damage probably color them black? or whats the best solution for this problem?

Sorry for the long post, Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I use Jelly Blade on my black car. But I make really darned sure that I've rinsed the car completely and washed off all sand particles. So far, no scratches.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    Using water blades to remove the water from your car WILL scratch the paint or clear coat.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Scenario: See i bought a Jelly Blade months ago and haven't used it because i was scared it might actually run some dusts in the paint and scratch it, i was at Blade last night and saw a Micro Magic Version, so i opted to buy one and maybe give out a review of the product, but for now i just want to know if the original California Jelly Blade can scratch the paint of my beautiful black car Inna, because if it can i won't even bother using the Micro Magic version since the Micro Magic version is a tad bit tougher to touch unlike the California Jelly Blade which is slightly softer
    The blade can be considered paint safe if used properly. It's not my preferred way of drying my car though. IMO, you have to be more concerned with any speck of dust or dirt, as well as other contaminants that could be dragged/pushed on the paint by the blade.

1. Did mothers replace the Back-to-Black to Naturally Black?
    2. Would it be harmful if i accidentally got some on the paint?

Scenario: I was looking for the Back-to-Black to add to my collection as well as maybe try to revive the original color of the trims between the hood and windshield of my car, its been about a week now and i haven't found any Back-to-Black instead i stumbled upon this Mothers Naturally Black and was wondering if this is the same stuff. Next aside from Mothers, can you guys recommend any other good brands that can maybe restore the old color and darkness of my plastic and rubber trims? i think they got stained by getting some waxes and Carlack SG during my noob days in detailing and now im bent on reversing the damage. Also my family has a 99 Revo where the black leatherette dash board got scratch and discolored due to abuse, is there anyway i can maybe mask the damage probably color them black? or whats the best solution for this problem?

Sorry for the long post, Thanks in advance
    Back to Black and Naturally Black are the same. It's just that Mothers could not use the Back to Black name in a number of countries such as ours due to some legal issues.

IME, it's not that harmful if some of it goes to the paint. Just use your QD and your microfiber towel to remove any excess product from the paint.

You could use any other brand's protectant to dress your car's rubber and plastic trim. The key here is regular application of your choice of protectant/dressing to prevent any fading or discoloration of the plastic or rubber trim.

I can't help you with the scratch on the dashboard though. I hope someone who has successfully dealt with that kind of situation chimes in.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the input guys! Will wait until Saturday and tally the results before i do anything hehe

so far based on people's reaction and some articles from other sites, jelly blades can be safe if

1. You have a good lubricating car shampoo used and then rinsed properly
    2. You have to be really sure your car is particle and contaminant free
    3. Your Jelly blade is in good condition, some people even suggest soaking it in water at least for 1 hour before you use it o.O

so i guess jelly blades are not id**t proof especially for people like me hahaha

*jon - thanks for taking time to reply, and yeah i do hope someone who have dealt with this scenario successfully, shed us some light. o yeah, what product do you use for your trims? do you prefer a one step product that cleans and protect at the same time? or do you prefer a separate product, one that cleans and the other solely protects? can you give me some brand suggestions? Thanks in Advance!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    *jon - thanks for taking time to reply, and yeah i do hope someone who have dealt with this scenario successfully, shed us some light. o yeah, what product do you use for your trims? do you prefer a one step product that cleans and protect at the same time? or do you prefer a separate product, one that cleans and the other solely protects? can you give me some brand suggestions? Thanks in Advance!
    For the interior, I use either the Megs Natural Shine, or the Mothers Protectant. For exterior rubber and plastic trim, I use either the Mothers Naturally Black, Mothers Protectant, Eagle One Protectant, or the Armor All Protectant Gel and Liquid. Any of them would do. The product I choose depends on my mood and situation when I get to detail.

IMO, although you may find that some dressings do some cleaning and protecting, it's still better to do multiple steps, i.e., clean first the trim, then apply your choice of product.

Hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hey jon thanks for the input, i really appreciate your take on my problem and thanks so much for taking the time. I might get some megs natural shine tomorrow, i just hope blade has it. o yeah doesn't armor all gel stain your trims yellow? someone just told me armor all could stain trims yellow that why i haven't tried it

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hey jon thanks for the input, i really appreciate your take on my problem and thanks so much for taking the time. I might get some megs natural shine tomorrow, i just hope blade has it. o yeah doesn't armor all gel stain your trims yellow? someone just told me armor all could stain trims yellow that why i haven't tried it
    You're welcome.

I have yet to notice any yellow stain on the trim.

What I have noticed instead is that the plastic and rubber trim do not appear dull/faded/discolored due to regular application of the protectant.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys, just a few questions on some products