New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I had my 96 Corolla XE washed over last month. Before getting it out of the shop, I noticed that there are water marks in the hood. The water marks are only visible at a certain angle and under certain lighting condition.

Under the sun, the paint looks good. After a few days, dust started to stick. I noticed that the dust literally sticked. It was difficult to remove. I washed the car myself. Hosing the dust did little. Washing it with shampoo is like running sand paper over it.

This is only true for the hood, the roof and the trunk. The sides are smooth without a problem.

I brought the car back to the shop, kulang lang daw sa buffing.

Now one week after getting it back, while the dust is not as sticky as before, I noticed the following:

• the hood, roof and trunk is not as shiny as the doors and fenders
    • since rainy lately, i tried running my hands on the wet trunk. Tiningnan ko kung mabilis matangal ang dumi
    • When I had the car washed, I was surprised that the marks I made nung hinilamos ko ng kamay yung trunk and hood are still there. Di matangal.
    • I waxed the hood and the trunk. It was difficult to remove the marks pero natanggal din.
    • Under cloudy condition, the paint is not as shiny as it should be. Under the sun, it looks good.
    Before I complain again to the shop, ano ang suggestion ninyo. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Never wash and wax a newly painted car until after a month as the paint need time to cure. Take it back to shop that did them work and have them do it again until your satisfied.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by walnut View Post
    I had my 96 Corolla XE washed over last month. Before getting it out of the shop, I noticed that there are water marks in the hood. The water marks are only visible at a certain angle and under certain lighting condition.

Under the sun, the paint looks good. After a few days, dust started to stick. I noticed that the dust literally sticked. It was difficult to remove. I washed the car myself. Hosing the dust did little. Washing it with shampoo is like running sand paper over it.

This is only true for the hood, the roof and the trunk. The sides are smooth without a problem.

I brought the car back to the shop, kulang lang daw sa buffing.

Now one week after getting it back, while the dust is not as sticky as before, I noticed the following:

• the hood, roof and trunk is not as shiny as the doors and fenders
    • since rainy lately, i tried running my hands on the wet trunk. Tiningnan ko kung mabilis matangal ang dumi
    • When I had the car washed, I was surprised that the marks I made nung hinilamos ko ng kamay yung trunk and hood are still there. Di matangal.
    • I waxed the hood and the trunk. It was difficult to remove the marks pero natanggal din.
    • Under cloudy condition, the paint is not as shiny as it should be. Under the sun, it looks good.

Before I complain again to the shop, ano ang suggestion ninyo. Thanks!

naku!! bakit ka nag wax kaagad? nbalik mo na lang then pa rebuff mo..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Di ko matanggal yung marks so I waxed the trunk to test. So far looks ok naman. What will happen if I wax it ba?

Any ideas kung bakit ganito ang result ng trabaho nila? San kaya sila ng short cut?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka "mapa" yan? yun alon-alon yun itsura ng finish...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    meron naman siguro warranty yan, point to them the problem at ibalik mo sa kanila para maayos.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    balik mo as early as possible.. baka magdahilan na yung pinagawaan mo kung pinatagal.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    like what the others have posted...bring your car back to the shop as soon as possible...have them do the necessary things that you find unsatisfactory...it would also be nice to let them do the paint job when the weather is hot and humid and not rainy or cloudy...hope this helps

Help, Problem with my Wash Over