New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I've been reading a lot informative topics here in tsikot.com and would really like to seek assistance in setting up my "project car".

Since I'm new here, let me start that I'm more of your typical average driver. Learned to know the basics in changing tires, "pa-iyak" when I was 14, but never really had my own car. Most of my peers are into racing/setup and stuff but since majority of them are in the states right now, they really cannot help me on what to fix first. Tamang hitch mode lang sa kanila before kaya kelangan ko pa hiramin kung may karakas after.. Honestly, I just started my fascination of setting the car up

I now own my dad's old Mitshubishi Lancer EL '89 and is still in good condition. Stock pa lahat.

I am more inclined to set the car up outside (tipong porma muna) before fixing the interior.

Maybe you guys can recommend what I need to do to pimp my ride. The car really looks promising once the mags and mufflers are in place. Any recommendations? Should I start of with a "16 Rota wheels (which costs around 32k - please let me know kung mahal to, again I'm really new to this) and bangas sounding mufflers (baka may recommended din kayo)

Please guys, help me pimp my ride.

Rocker turned car freak,

Boozer

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    try mo muna mag-search bro...
    for sure meron na ganyan thread...

ride safe...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sir maganda siguro punta ka sa site na to
    www.mymitsuph.com
    www.mitsulancerph.org
    dami ko natutunan diyan
    HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    carlos? :lol:

since you seem to be more into looks, the best way to transform your car's porma, imo, is a set of large wheels with low profile tires, and a lowering kit. not too familiar with the '89 lancer, but the newer lancers can take wheels from 16-18" in diameter. 17's are probably the best looking ones (again, imo)

buy a set of lowering springs that give you about a 2 inch drop and you're all set.

next step is probably a good stereo system. i'm not a big fan of wings and body kits, but if you like that kind of stuff...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I once had the same car, an '89 Lancer EL. I found the engine to be too weak for any more weight to be added so I kept it stock. Needless to say I miss that car. If it's stock, please take many pics of your before and after transformation. I'd also love to see them

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    before you "pimp" your ride, make sure muna that everything's in good condition; paint, interior, engine and suspension.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    before you "pimp" your ride, make sure muna that everything's in good condition; paint, interior, engine and suspension.
    sir how do i do this po? where should i begin? i mean with the paint and interior okay na ko, pero with engine and suspension medyo vague pa para saken *again, newbie po ako* should i bring it to an autoshop? kasama po ba itong mga ito sa tune-up?

hesitant po kasi ako dalahin sa shops kasi baka tagain ako sa singil. ignorante pa naman ako sa mga ganitong bagay.

thanks po!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    for me, i love good handling over power. 16 inch wheels and tires, strut bars front and rear, slightly stiffer springs... on the 16" mags alone, could make a big impact on the looks of your car.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto ba yung lancer singkit?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, yan yun. yung pre facelifted pa. yung amber pa signal lights.

Help Me In Pimpin' My Ride (Lancer EL '89)