New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I just got the rear bumper of my 3 months old santa fe replaced due to an accident. When I got my unit this afternoon, I was shocked by the way it looked. What they did was replace the part and PAINT it while attached to the vehicle. There was paint all over the lower black trims, the gasket of the tailgate heck even inside the cabin and on the backup sensors. Also, the paint was very rough and showed that they didn't even bother to clean the surface prior to painting. I was furious and disgusted with what I saw and demanded that it be replaced. It breaks my heart every time I see or think about it!! I opted to have it replaced by HYUNDAI ZAMBOANGA as I thought they had the knowledge and expertise. Boy was I wrong!!!

Any ideas on what I should do? how do I contact HARI directly about this? would they listen to a single customer and make it right? seems like those working at this dealer don't care much about customer service. They kept on smiling and told me that they would just paint it again which I declined after seeing the damage they have done. I even think they added a lot of scratches on the paint as I saw finger prints with dried paint on other panels. I'm super OC when it comes to my car and this is unacceptable! The paint smell inside the cabin alone would take months to air out!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay18 View Post
    I just got the rear bumper of my 3 months old santa fe replaced due to an accident. When I got my unit this afternoon, I was shocked by the way it looked. What they did was replace the part and PAINT it while attached to the vehicle. There was paint all over the lower black trims, the gasket of the tailgate heck even inside the cabin and on the backup sensors. Also, the paint was very rough and showed that they didn't even bother to clean the surface prior to painting. I was furious and disgusted with what I saw and demanded that it be replaced. It breaks my heart every time I see or think about it!! I opted to have it replaced by HYUNDAI ZAMBOANGA as I thought they had the knowledge and expertise. Boy was I wrong!!!

Any ideas on what I should do? how do I contact HARI directly about this? would they listen to a single customer and make it right? seems like those working at this dealer don't care much about customer service. They kept on smiling and told me that they would just paint it again which I declined after seeing the damage they have done. I even think they added a lot of scratches on the paint as I saw finger prints with dried paint on other panels. I'm super OC when it comes to my car and this is unacceptable! The paint smell inside the cabin alone would take months to air out!

Why dont you just return it to them, since me warranty naman ang job order sa casa...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Why dont you just return it to them, since me warranty naman ang job order sa casa...
    Yes but I'm afraid that they might screw things up even more. Kanina ko lang nga napansin na amoy bulok na trapo yung hangin na buga ng aircon, ano kaya ginawa nila dito.

HELP!! major paint problem