New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hello to all car owners! Please help me get a quick remedy of this scratch at the bottom of front bumper (Right side). This was incurred when i accidentally missed estimated the space between the road gutter and my right side front bumper during parking, it was just small linear scratch that i want to get rid off as soon as possible time and at the most cheapest way if both are possible. i hope someone can give me estimate of repair cost and/or if it can be possible to be done in DIY Manner. My location is in makati if anyone can suggest and help me near in our place. thank you very much!!

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us [IMG=http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8487/denti.jpg][/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The cheapest is not to do anything. The scratch is small and low on the bumper.

Repainting would be best done as a whole bumper which costs P2,500 to P3,000 depending on the shop.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I have the same similar scratch in my lower left bumper which incurred when a motorcycle accidentally cuts my right of way. Lumitaw ung black primer sa scratch portion since it is the bumper that got scratch.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Saka mo na pagawa pag marami na gasgas. Sayang.

Pero wag mo naman sadyain na dagdagan ha.

Bumper naman yan. Plastic ata yan kaya di kakalawangin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just leave it. It's nothing. If you want, you can patch it with a small dab of paint, but the paint won't match properly unless you repaint the whole bumper... which will be wasted the next time the bumper scrapes a curb or hits a rock or gets dinged by a pebble on the highway.

That's why bumpers nowadays are plastic, because it ain't worth the hassle of caring for a metal bumper that's eventually going to be damaged, one way or the other.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    to sir ghost hunter, retz, robot sonic and niky, thank you for those helpful and practical advice,normally it was not really obvious at an initial glance,it was just my meticulous care and obsessive-compulsive thought for my first car that made me panic and hysterical. thank you !!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i felt the same way as you do sir jonelrn when my new car had its first scratch. i immediately seek for help online and found this site and queried on such scratches and blemishes. Tama sila, just leave it muna.

If you don't mind, may I ask how old is your car? do you drive it daily?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Hi, your problem is one of the easiest to fix, you can have your bumper undergone a spot repair.

1. Firstly, you will have to bring the car to a paint center and have them mixed a touch up paint for you. Cost is around P90 for a 1/2 pint.
    2. Then go to a auto repaint shop and have the scratched portion undergo:
    a. Prep
    b. Sanding
    c. Priming
    d. Basecoat (with your touch up paint)
    e. Top coat
    f. Blended with a blending thinner
    i. First coat to be applied over the base coat, and to be extended in the area surrounding the spot
    ii. Second coat extending further to the area surrounding the spot
    iii. Then blend in the fade out area

Then balance the gloss by polishing, once the repaired area is completely cured.

Repair can be done in 1-2 hours, 1 hour curing, 20-30 min trimming and polishing.

Repair cost will be around P500-700, if the shop have the required material on-stock, otherwise ikakarga nila yan as expense.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by franster View Post
    i felt the same way as you do sir jonelrn when my new car had its first scratch. i immediately seek for help online and found this site and queried on such scratches and blemishes. Tama sila, just leave it muna.

If you don't mind, may I ask how old is your car? do you drive it daily?
    hi sir franster, thanks for that practical advise as well, exactly 3 months pa lang ang toyota innova ko, and i drive it at least 3-4 times a week, but yesterday was my first time to drive it away from metro manila and had it run from makati to alfonso tagaytay which gave me a milage of around 80-90kms, and its also my first time having this high milage sa isang upuang pag-drive since i usually drive lang within metro manila (makati mostly).

10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Help po, first time driver first car po, had a bump po sa gutter nun mali po turn ko..ano po gagawin ko sakit kasi sa dibdib??huhu

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Help! Linear gasgas at the bottom of front bumper due to gutter collision