New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hi... I recently removed my clip-on type rear under-mirror from my Adventure's back hatch door. There seems to be some kind of dirt (rough to the touch) and/or residue left on the paint that is so hard to remove with just shampoo/soap and water. I'm pretty sure it's over the paint but just stuck onto it. I was starting to contemplate on using tar remover or kerosine or wd-40. But I'd like to ask your expert opinions first. TIA!
    Last edited by RafRaf; October 3rd, 2006 at 02:21 PM.

Try using an All Purpose Cleaner first then apply some cleaner wax, if that doesn't work try to polish it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... Rubbing compound ginamit ko dati sa L3 Van namin. Natanggal naman. Wag mo lang masyadong diinan para hindi numipis yung clear coat ng paint. Yung sakto lang para matanggal yung dumi.

Apply wax after. HTH.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Try a paint cleaner. Rub it with the least abrasive cloth/rag pero dahan-dahanin mo.

If it's physically rough and it's very easy to detect, try to physically remove it by rubbing with your fingers/nylon brush. It's probably oxidized due to stains/dirt na naiwan and hardened over time.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tried APC, rubbing compound, polish, WD40... nabawasan konti pero andun pa din... tsk, tsk... looks like it got baked in real good.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sigurado ka bang dirt yon? baka naman adhessive???

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Palagay ko ay mixture ng dirt at adhesive yan.

Gamitin mo yung "3M Wax, Tar and Adhesive Remover" (in spray canister). Color blue yung takip nung lata. Super effective niyan (well at least, for me).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    effective ang mothers cleaner wax..kahit asphalt kayang tanggalin..

help... how to remove stuck dirt...