New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hello,

help naman po regarding my cleaning regimen newbie pa lang po kasi.

1. wash the car
    2. apply kerosene to remove asphalt
    3. wash again
    4. nanosil
    5. nanoglos-wait 8 hours
    6. 3m performance finish
    7. spray eagle one nanowax

tama po ba yung regimen ko? yung nasa sachet lang po kasi binibili ko. planning to buy sana yung 3m swirl remover na nasa sachet para my cleaner before applying nanosil ok lang po ba yun or abrasive siya? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphnice View Post
    hello,

1. wash the car
    3. wash again
    4. nanosil
    5. nanoglos-wait 8 hours
    6. 3m performance finish

tama po ba yung regimen ko? yung nasa sachet lang po kasi binibili ko. planning to buy sana yung 3m swirl remover na nasa sachet para my cleaner before applying nanosil ok lang po ba yun or abrasive siya? TIA
    nanosil will "fill" the swirls if you do it correctly, preferably by rotary, if you use it by hand, it's just a nanoglos with better durability.

Step 7 is a bit redundant already, just do it after your next wash.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hello,

1. wash the car
    3. wash again
    4. nanosil
    5. nanoglos-wait 8 hours
    6. 3m performance finish

Much better, sir, if you have a paint cleaner. But if that is what you have in hand, that's already good.

After Nanoglos, you could already stop. Just apply and maintain it with Nanosliq. Then perhaps after 2 to 3 washes, you could apply the 3M PF then after another 2 to 3 washes, apply EO Nanowax. With that, you could also save your products. But if you wish to put them all at once, then by all means you can do it. I am just not sure if 3M PF has a curing time since it's in the finishing sealant category. But for me, I give it at least 8 hour curing time before applying another product.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions sir ronki and rna800. big help po since medyo tight budget.

with regards to the paint cleaner. advisable po ba yung 3m swirl remover or yung turtlewax paint cleaner(sachet)? from what i have read application is every 6 months because of abrasive effect. gusto ko po sana yung pinaka less abrasive since newbie pa lang. any suggestion mga master. TIA

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions sir ronki and rna800. big help po since medyo tight budget.

with regards to the paint cleaner. advisable po ba yung 3m swirl remover or yung turtlewax paint cleaner(sachet)? from what i have read application is every 6 months because of abrasive effect. gusto ko po sana yung pinaka less abrasive since newbie pa lang. any suggestion mga master. TIA
    I haven't tried those products so I can't really tell how they perform. If you aren't sure what to buy, just go with the Step 1 and Step 2 of Mothers and Meguiar's. They might be pricier but they are worth it and it would take a long time for you to finish them unless you have a lot of cars. Also, sometimes if the scratches and swirls aren't that severe and deep, they can be removed and remedied by either Step 1 or Step 2. Step 1 is the paint cleaner and step 2 is the polish. But if budget is really tight, just try those and let us know what you think. As to application, it really depends. There are instances for example, that suddenly someone glides his fingers on your paint leaving it a scratch, so even if you just applied, it's really hard looking at your paint with that scratch thus you have to apply again to remove. Starting from polish all the way to compounds, they all have abrasive properties and if applied incorrectly, they could damage or thin out your clear coat.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thank you for your help. i think i really need to invest for step 1 and step 2.. hmm.. anyone here tried micro magic swirl remover? Is this less abrasive, can this serve as a polish and applied to the whole car or to the scratches alone.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thank you for your help. i think i really need to invest for step 1 and step 2.. hmm.. anyone here tried micro magic swirl remover? Is this less abrasive, can this serve as a polish and applied to the whole car or to the scratches alone.
    I haven't tried Micro Magic Swirl Remover but here's my take on this.

If you already have the steps 1 and 2, at times and given that the scratches aren't deep enough and swirls aren't that severe, both steps are enough to remove or at the very least hide them provided that you know how to apply them properly. Now if the scratches and swirls look severe, then that's the time that you should use a dedicated scratch or swirl remover and the most abrasive that you could use is a compound. If you have already applied those and there are still stubborn ones that can't be removed, ask for a professional help already for too much rubbing could damage your clear coat. And always remember to always finish it with a wax since applying such will strip your previously applied wax.