New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    good day guys....

I just would like to ask your help on deep scratches on my rear bumbper, it looks like napagtripan kasi or what kasi yung scratch nya is horizontal on the entire span of my rear bumper, ang pangit tingnan at di ako mapakali,ano ba suggested remedy ninyo for this type of scratches aside from going through a paint job, what products would you recomend or what type of service...

thanks....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on how deep the scratches are....if it's deep that it reaches the primer already, no other way but to have it repainted...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    As per your description, 'Deep Scratches", it sounds terribly serious as in damaged.
    If it penetrated the primer then it needs repainting, otherwise, a good scratch remover or a detailing shop will do teh job.
    Try to consult a reliable detailing shop.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you can feel the scratch when you run your finger on it, then nothing short of a paint job will get rid of it.
    However, if the scratch didn't reach the primer, you may be able to reduce it to barely noticable levels. (i.e. ikaw na lang ang makakapansin) You can do that with a good scratch remover. Just be careful that you don't remove too much paint matter though...

help on deep scratches