New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most mistakes come from applying too much product. If you apply it REALLY THIN (which how all waxes should be applied), most waxes can be taken off in a minute.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    so how thin is thin enough?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs
    so how thin is thin enough?
    really thin... hehehe some products nga if applied you doubt if its there but it still does its job.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    BTW, clear coat tanggal? baka may haze lang.. post some pics and let's take a look at it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    no, hindi tanggal clear coat just visible swirl marks that are unmistakably done by the wax.

sorry for not reading up more on waxing. kita ko kasi before sa ibang shops halos mamuti na ang cars sa pag wax eh. and they are even taking their time in polishing it off. ang tagal pa nga nakababad bago tanggalin eh.

well, lesson learned hehe.

again, is their a wax with absolutely no abrasive properties? and if there is, then hindi na effective?
    Last edited by bad driver; May 21st, 2005 at 12:15 AM. Reason: wrogn speling

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    there are waxes with no abrasive properties. pure wax yun with no cleaning properties. Ex. Mother's Phase 3, Soft99 Gold, Megs Yellow Wax.. mga Carnauba yan...

they are effective pa din in the sense that they offer you a sacrificial barrier for protection..

pag cleaner wax naman, chemical cleaners yan so hindi din abrasive. what is your method of product removal ba? what kind of towel did you use? factor din ang too much application. PITA to remove if applied too thick. or baka din mainit ang surface when you waxed.. (did you wax under the sun?)
    Last edited by chain; May 21st, 2005 at 12:20 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    no, not under the sun.... also the engine was cool tho it's kinda warm in our underground parking... mainit pero hindi tulad ng bilad sa araw ung surface.

used microfibre sa removal.... plus a 100% cotton towel.

do you think I should reapply with a very, very thin coat, and polish off in a shorter time? or leave it be and go strait to a detailer?

you wont notice the swirls naman from a far and no haze. pero pag malapit, kita. well, natanggal yung maraming water-marks.....

may mga tiny grooves lang sa clear coat

lastly, I tried duplicating the effect on my other car, a mitsu paj io 98. wrote my name with a thick paste (haha, binili na ng dad ko yun kaya ok lang) wala naman. hmmm... di kaya inferior and clear coat ko?
    Last edited by bad driver; May 21st, 2005 at 12:30 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    anong light ang ginagamit in the parking area? fluorescent ba? swirl marks are very very evident under fluorescent light.. tapos gumamit ka pa ng cleaner wax.. IMO, maybe you're seeing the true condition of your paint..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    no, no dude... while I was removing the wax, kitang kita mo na continuation ang swirl ng mga left-over na wax nakakaiyak nga eh.
    hehe. i'm very, very sure na wax yun. sana linagay nila na not for newbies/idiots. hehe

it's my fault. anything that says that it removes swirls and scratches has an abrasive property nga naman. but it didn't stress it on the front... just the a small mention at the back

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Got a question. how did you applied your wax and how did you removed/polished it? Circular motion or stroked in 1 direction?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
GREAT! Carnauba wax ate through my clear coat