New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    trusted brand na ito. kaso medyo pricey.

Collinite. marami silang klase ng wax.
    Uy! Saan ka nakabili? And how much?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Dalawa lang gamit ko, Mother's Sealant at NuFinish.

NuFinish holds better on rainy days and even hot weather. no hard buffing needed and last more than six months in my experience. Matatapos na warranty ng Innova ko konti palang nagagamit ko sa bottle

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by octane_warrior View Post
    Ang gamit kong wax especially pag rainy season ay yung Turtle Wax na may green at white liquid (nalimutan ko na yung name). Mixture ng shampoo at wax na kasi. Just rinse it with a mildy flowing water, hindi na kailangang patuyuin with a chamois since mababasa din uli yung car sa ulan. Water-repellant at makintab ang car finish.
    Ito po ba yung turtle wax wash and wax?

Saan po nakakabili nito?

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

wala naman yatang mabibilhan sa mga local stores natin, parang nabasa ko sa team FD meron nagbebenta doon na member

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you know what my take on this, any reputable brand ng wax will do good on your paint, anyway it's raining more or less you're going to wash your car din naman, then just wax again after washing your car..so it won't really make any difference kung mahal na brand or yun mura..the important thing is wax your car regularly...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you know what my take on this, any reputable brand ng wax will do good on your paint, anyway it's raining more or less you're going to wash your car din naman, then just wax again after washing your car..so it won't really make any difference kung mahal na brand or yun mura..the important thing is wax your car regularly...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wala pa ako collinite. but based on the other teamFD members na meron, okay na okay daw.

yung marquee 'd elegance 2k php. yung no. 845 insulator wax mga ganun din ang price

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yep! That's the best policy.
    Also, you don't have to do the whole car after you wash. Just remember that the horizontal surfaces take the most punishment from the elements.
    If you're strapped for time, after you wash, you can probably be okay by just rewaxing the hood, then the boot, then the roof (depending on how much time you've got).

The hood takes the most punishment -- engine heat + rainwater + sun + cats. You'll probably want to have a fresh coat of wax on your hood often, especially when it's raining.

Next comes your trunk/boot -- water + sun + fingerprints from the mall parking security checks (grrr). You'll definitely also want to re-wax as often.

Last is the roof -- water + sun + occasional bird bomb.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    So wala palang kwenta ang mga QD this rainy season?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I agree with shadow and ess. You just have to wash and/or wax often. As to what brand of shampoo or wax, use that which works for you.

Incidentally, I found this on youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZTK6HBaxI4"]YouTube - Self Cleaning Paint[/ame]

Kung ito kaya ang coating ng car natin? Wash and wax often pa kaya tayo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Good wax for rainy season