New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Gaano kakintab ba ang exterior detailing ng Meguiars? Will my car look good as "newly painted" or parang nawax lang ng husto? I need to have an idea kasi before ako pa-detail. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    phillipogi,

basta yon sa akin nawala yon paninilaw, gaspang ng white ko na xwind.
    bumalik na parang bago yon sasakyan ko. pwede ka naman mag pa demo sa kanila para makita mo difference after ng service nila.
    good luck.
    jake

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gloss (kintab) is totally subjective and there's no way to gauge the subjective gloss that one perceives, what's glossy to you may not be glossy to me... in addition, a lot of other factors have to be considered especially with the original paint that has to be polished. Clearly, a poor paint job can't be made to look like a show car regardless of how well you polish. If your paint is cracking or fading, it can never look as fresh as a newly painted car... repair will never be better than original. no mater how you look at it.

Philipogi: you have to ask yourself what you're after and what your expectations are. To simply say "gusto ko kumintab" is not a good gauge because you can achieve that even if you just wax your car with a P200 wax... It's pretty much the same as asking "how much money do you want"... "a lot" is not an answer, you need to have a gauge. Since car paint has to "gauge" so to speak, you can clearly compare it either a brand new car, brand new repainted car? show car? etc... then your detailer will (or should) be able to tell you if your goal is attainable or not... Remember that the detailer can only work on whatever's on your paint right now... if your paint no longer has clearcoat, you can't expect the results to be the same as a thick-clearcoated car.

As for Jake's case, it's pretty common and easy to do since crosswind isn't that old of a car...

What's your car? How old is it? How do you maintain it? Do you plan to maintain it? What are your expectation and needs? etc are all important questions that your detailer should ask from you or else whatever result occurs from your detail job, it either won't satisfy you or it won't last.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let me vouch for that 3-step thing of Meguiar's.
    I had it done on my Civic 96 na ka-daming stains
    i.e. waterspots and even some small spots of housepaint.
    On a Do-it-yourself basis, I have not been able to remove
    those stains. Also, di naman ako mahilig mag-wax during that
    time. Polyglaze shampoo wash lang every Sunday ang alaga
    ko doon. Kaya medyo, nawala na yung "kintab".
    Nagkataon naman na napag-usapan din yang 3-step detailing
    noon sa Kotse.com board. So one day while I was on vacation leave
    sa office, dinala ko siya sa Meguiar's Shaw Blvd. Pina 3-step
    ko. Dios ko, inabot ng buong araw! Sinimulan ng alas 9 ng umaga
    natapos ng bandang alas 4 ng hapon!
    Pero pagkatapos naman, halos mapa-luha ako sa tuwa at mukhang
    bago ang kotse ko!! Hindi lang ako nagsabi nun. Pati mga kamag-anak
    ko at mga ka office ko, yun din ang sinabi. Kaya sulit na rin yung
    ginastos ko doon.
    That was 1.5 years ago. After that, ako na lang ang nagpatuloy mag-
    alaga para ma-maintain yung "kintab". Malaki rin ang gastos ko dahil
    panay Meguiar's din ang gamit ko from Cleaner Wax to Polish to
    Carnauba wax.
    Tama si Theveed, you have to maintain that "kintab". That takes a
    lot of time and effort. Talagang dapat kang mahilig sa detailing otherwise
    tatamarin ka dahil matakaw kumain ito ng oras.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    TJMaxx,

bos ano gamit mo na car wash meguire din ba ?

thanks,
    jake

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    magkano ba 3 step detailing?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    3 step costs 1,500-2k

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :idea:
    late post pero baka makatulong!
    meron sa petron samen (fairview)
    meguire din ang gumagawa ng detailing dito!
    interior detailing is P1800
    exterior detailing is also P1800
    pero pag loob labas P3000.
    pwede na rin!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Allow me to add my endorsement of Meguiar's :mrgreen:

I am not familiar with the three-step process you guys talk about, but I have used the following process on my (black) car since it was new:

3M Imperial Hand Glaze (this is the best detailing product I've ever used in terms of bringing out the shine)

Meguiar's Gold Class Clearcoat Prep (kind of a polish/cleaner treatment - sometimes I skip this)

Meguiar's Gold Class Wax

I am extremely happy with how my car looks after 2 years but as Theveed says, you have to be realistic considering the condition of the paint when you start. I will, however, put Meguiar's products up against any other I have used in terms of shine, ease of application and longevity.

Gaano kakintab ba ang exterior detailing ng Meguiars?