New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i basically have a new car (a few weeks old), somebody told me to apply the said stuff. Looked around and found LG2. They quoted me 12k. Is it worth it for a year round protection? TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hmmm... In my opinion mahal, for a 1 yr protection. Will they give you a limited warranty? And ano inclusive sa 12k?
    And also how big is your car?
    Benefits from this type of protection? Madami, increase in paint hardness, they say by 2H daw, so minimized ang swirls. excellent dirt and water repellancy- this will keep your car cleaner longer, and prevent water spots, bird bombs, and other contaminants from adhering from your paint. UV protection, prevents paint oxidation and premature clear coat failure.
    But to be sure, Check nyo muna sir kung ano mga gagawin sa car nyo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks bro. Sa casa kasi 20k price nila. XL size ng car since SUV sya. Full exterior detail muna before they apply nano paint protectant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoy22 View Post
    Hmmm... In my opinion mahal, for a 1 yr protection. Will they give you a limited warranty? And ano inclusive sa 12k?
    And also how big is your car?
    Benefits from this type of protection? Madami, increase in paint hardness, they say by 2H daw, so minimized ang swirls. excellent dirt and water repellancy- this will keep your car cleaner longer, and prevent water spots, bird bombs, and other contaminants from adhering from your paint. UV protection, prevents paint oxidation and premature clear coat failure.
    But to be sure, Check nyo muna sir kung ano mga gagawin sa car nyo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vyn300d View Post
    Thanks bro. Sa casa kasi 20k price nila. XL size ng car since SUV sya. Full exterior detail muna before they apply nano paint protectant
    Is the 20k sa casa 1 year din?
    dont get me wrong bro ha, I like sonax and most of their products are really good, from their brilliant shine detailer up to their polymer net shield, and their nano paint protect is the big daddy of their paint protection. But for the price of that service medyo mataas, kahit gamitan nila ng 3 canister yung sasakyan mo, unless nag price increase yung products nila then that may be the reason.
    Anyway, if you are not in a hurry, canvas ka pa bro, paint coating is a really a good investment, mas lalo na sa bago mong sasakyan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is the 20k sa casa 1 year din?
    dont get me wrong bro ha, I like sonax and most of their products are really good, from their brilliant shine detailer up to their polymer net shield, and their nano paint protect is the big daddy of their paint protection. But for the price of that service medyo mataas, kahit gamitan nila ng 3 canister yung sasakyan mo, unless nag price increase yung products nila then that may be the reason.
    Anyway, if you are not in a hurry, canvas ka pa bro, paint coating is a really a good investment, mas lalo na sa bago mong sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    There are other paint coatings ( carpro cquartz , optimum gloss coat ,etc) that are similarly priced but offer 2 years of protection.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    There are other paint coatings ( carpro cquartz , optimum gloss coat ,etc) that are similarly priced but offer 2 years of protection.
    Hi sir. Can you recommend a good shop that offers this service?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    Hi sir. Can you recommend a good shop that offers this service?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Guys ok ba yung optiguard program sa big bert's? 😊

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    As the others have mentioned it is expensive, especially for Nano Paint Protect. There are other shops who offer a better selection (probably the same price), best value I've found is 7k for an SUV for a well reviewed coating. You have to consider a few things as well vs. price- does it include correction work, warranty, after sales, etc.?

If you're someone who wants to freshen up the look and protection of your car regularly, a coating might not be for you. I had my car done with something similar, rated at 3-4 months. It's been 4 1/2 months, acts like a coating, nothing sticks, and protection is really good. Paid 4,500 with correction, next session is 3,500 with polishing, 1,500 without polishing, but will probably stretch it to 6 months, very good value. Btw I previously had Sonax Paint Protect on.

As the others have mentioned it is expensive, especially for Nano Paint Protect. There are other shops who offer a better selection (probably the same price), best value I've found is 7k for an SUV for a well reviewed coating. You have to consider a few things as well vs. price- does it include correction work, warranty, after sales, etc.?

If you're someone who wants to freshen up the look and protection of your car regularly, a coating might not be for you. I had my car done with something similar, rated at 3-4 months. It's been 4 1/2 months, acts like a coating, nothing sticks, and protection is really good. Paid 4,500 with correction, next session is 3,500 with polishing, 1,500 without polishing, but will probably stretch it to 6 months, very good value. Btw I previously had Sonax Paint Protect on.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OMNS19 View Post

where did you have it done sir?

Quote Originally Posted by OMNS19 View Post

where did you have it done sir?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Guys ok ba yung optiguard program sa big bert's? 😊
    All i can say is it is not opticoat, i will prefer opticoat than optiguard, because of better protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast