New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I've been bringing my car for a washing at a nearby gas station with a car wash system every other week for the past 2 months during winter as I cannot clean it myself because it is too friggin cold outside. Just wondering if the paint job on my car will get scratched from being washed there often? [I have a CPC paint sealant applied to my car which is supposed to be good for 5 years (therefore no waxing needed just water wash).]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, dyan ko nakuha yung maliliit na scratches ko eh. nung nag- try ako ng automated car wash machine ng shell.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    In using the automated carwash, small scratches are inevitable. But even with hand/manual washing, scratches are also inevitable.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    But even with hand/manual washing, scratches are also inevitable.
    with a wash mitt / terry cloth / micro fiber towel? nope... haven't seen a carwash induced scratch / swirl on my 2 year old rav4 yet.

but if you let those corner "car wash" shops do the job for you, then that's possible.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yep. Yung corner "car wash". That's what I meant by hand/manual wash. Thanks for noticing.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Moving to 'More than Looks'.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    gusto niyo walang scratch.. kay big berts na! :D hahaha

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin
    Just wondering if the paint job on my car will get scratched from being washed there often?
    The place where you wash the car doesn't contribute to whether your car will get scratched or not, it's how you wash the car and what you use to wash the car.

[I have a CPC paint sealant applied to my car which is supposed to be good for 5 years (therefore no waxing needed just water wash).]
    Marketing Bull... No such thing...

Feedback on Car Wash systems