New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dun ba sa ibang carwash, are they they careful enough na di mabasa ang distributor and the alternator? i noticed that these two items are covered with plastic before they wash it. i did try to wash my engine once since i have a pressure washer, ayun....nasira distributor ko. Sabay takbo sa banawe.... cost me 1000 pesos. kaya ngayon observe muna ako how they do it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany
    Sa Mug and Wash sa Imelda Ave (near Sta. Lucia East) ay Php 80 lang ang engine wash. Stay ka sa loob ng coffee shop nila and take a snack habang hinihintay mo yung sasakyan mo. Ang sarap pa ng nag foods nila. Madaming mag shota ang kumakain sa lob hanbang nag papa car wash.
    tsong, ok ba sa Mug and Wash ang service? napapadaan ako dun lagi, pero hindi ko pa na-try e.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos
    Dun ba sa ibang carwash, are they they careful enough na di mabasa ang distributor and the alternator? i noticed that these two items are covered with plastic before they wash it. i did try to wash my engine once since i have a pressure washer, ayun....nasira distributor ko. Sabay takbo sa banawe.... cost me 1000 pesos. kaya ngayon observe muna ako how they do it.
    yep, dapat binabalot ng plastic yung mga sensitive parts like alternator and distributor. and kung naka-cone type na air filter ka,pati yun binabalot po

Also tignan mo din yung panlinis nila, pag kerosine or kerosine based cleaner ang gamit, its a big no-no... lulutong yung mga hoses niyo in the long run. Also wag niyo ipa hi-pressure rinse baka pumasok yung tubig sa di dapat pasukan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what kind of engine degreaser would you recommend for cleaning the engine room? Are there any available in the market? of course, im not referring to the ones available in spray can. Is simple green a good alternative? san nga pala available ang simple green and how much does it cost ?

Yup is a good alternative, its also versatile, you can use it at home, in your cars interior, etc. Another alternative is the Meguiars APC.

Simple Green APC, Meguiars APC are available in True Value.

Dilute in 1 parts APC and 10 parts water.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I only have my engine washed after every change oil, may tumutulo kasing motor oil sa mga bushings kaya kailangan palinisin.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Simple Green APC, Meguiars APC are available in True Value.

Dilute in 1 parts APC and 10 parts water.
    Spritz all over the engine and brush to remove the grime.. you may have to go stronger on the dilution ratio if your bay is really dirty. then follow with your favorite engine dressing...

Armor All Tire Foam is a good alternative dressing for the engine bay..

pwede namang DIY as long as you know what parts to cover.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Shell near vince's Mobil, Php 80.00 lang ang engine wash alone. Works well enough.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessgwing
    tsong, ok ba sa Mug and Wash ang service? napapadaan ako dun lagi, pero hindi ko pa na-try e.
    Yup, yung service nila ay really ok. Maganda silang mag wash ng sasakyan. Yung lugar was really designed for that kind of washing. Habang naghihintay ka pwede kang nagbasa ng diyaryo sa loob ng coffee shop or mag snack.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Engine wash at Caltex Dallas