New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    degreaser or water? Saan ok dito san juan, banaue area...

may nabasa ako kakatako ang water....baka mag-moisture mga electricals...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    degreaser or water? Saan ok dito san juan, banaue area...

may nabasa ako kakatako ang water....baka mag-moisture mga electricals...
    degreaser talaga dapat, pero ang ginagawa ata minsan is kung talagang makapal na ang dumi kung saan eh pwede ka ng magtanim eh water muna...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pressurized water hindi pa pwede?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Suggestion lang bro kung magpapaengine wash ka, let them cover your visible electrical components maski plastic bag lang. Baka magshort kasi. . .

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Always make sure when you go for a car wash, make sure the engine is still cold or hasn't reached operating temperature. This is to prevent the hot engine components getting into contact with much colder water. As we know that leads to cracking and damage to parts.

Water is fine as long as you cover the alternator, distributor, spark plug wires and the holes for spark plugs, as well as other critical components that you can just deal with yourself or your wash boy manually. Also cover your intake opening to ensure pressure washers can't get water in there. Just be sure to remove all these prior to starting the car.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    up ko lang po yung topic... i bought a 3M degreaser.

sa civic 2000, what else do i need to cover aside from alternator, distributor, and sparkplug? is this all? takot ako baka may masira akong components.

thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, you don't need a degreaser unless your car has oil leaks. SOap (joy) which do serves as an degreaser does a pretty good job. If your ECU is in the engine you cover it too.
    Last edited by afrasay; May 18th, 2008 at 09:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ahhh ok sayang i bought the degreaser na... sige po ill cover the ECU na din...

thanks sir

edit: ngek naalala ko na ECU ko nasa passenger side... hehehe. wala lang.
    Last edited by archie123456789; May 18th, 2008 at 10:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if ever man na may mabasa ka na di sinasadya. try to dry it first before starting the engine.

i suggest removing the battery also before doing the engine wash/detail. para walang flow ng current sa car. and at the same time you can reach some areas that is being covered by the battery too.

hth

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ good advise sir... will definetly do that..

thanks a bunch sir!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine Wash