New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Can U guys recommend any step/ideas on how to properly clean or maintane the engine? I have been using 3m tar remover and meg's APC++ for some dirt and grime on the metal cover but I think it has a slight negative effect on the rubber hoses and plastic covers of the engine, its gettin dull or something like that (i'm not really sure) What are the proper steps on cleaning the engine? what do u need to apply on the rubber hose/cover of an engine to make it look new again?

I would really appreciate any ideas that you can share on this one.

Thanks mga bossing

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you could try some dressing after detailing.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for the reply blackmagic, what specific dressing is that? Im basically new on detailing stuffs and Im sorry for being too stupid on this one, Will it hurt the engine if I directly spray water on it? Do I still need to use a car shampoo after degreasing?:confused:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    water based dressing will work fine...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks a bunch mga bossing

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gurus ok ba yung ginagawa ko,

spray ko ng kerosine para dumikit yung dirt, then spray ko ng water para umangat yung kerosine with dirt then punas punas

btw my engine is non ECU 4D56TurboDiesel

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir theeved, iba ba price ng engine detailing ng japanese and eu cars? isnt it hard to detail the engine of european cars?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    good day gurus of the car kingdom,

i have a little info to share, pag naglilinis ako i apply kerosene to remove the hard grime then sinusundan ko ng soapy water.rinse tapos punas. for the rubbers and plastics i use tire black so that the hoses wont crack. pareho naman silang rubber ng tires so tire black should work well with the hoses. i just dont know if it applies to gasoline engines. mine's a diesel kc. with gasoline engines you have to be careful not to wet the electronics.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    minsan nag-try ako ng wd-40...spray ko sa engine..tapos ginamitan ko ng paintbrush.(wala kasi akong air comp). tiyaga na lang sa brush.

pero da best talaga...dalhin na lang kina theveed!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    armour all kaya? safe ba sa mga rubbers, hoses?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine detailing how to's