New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Ungas pasingit po,

alin po ba ang mas mura yung urethane or yung acrylic and what would you recommend?

Sorry po la po akong alam sa car paints eh, thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    alam ko urethane kasi matibay. Saan store pala makakabili ng Dopunt paint? Meron ba bandang alabang or paranaque?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nap123,
    call highland trading (pasig) 631-0640
    and ask the paint shop near you.

or

pm me he..he (kaso pampanga pa ang shop ko)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks kimpoy nacontact ko na meron dito sa may betterliving

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used dupont in the repainting (change color) of my pajero. I am now using sikkens for the washover of my E36.

in terms of depth of shine(car s how shine as they say), dupont beats sikkens hands down. the same painter (a lebanese national) did both my pajero and E36.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    artpogi, in general mas mahal ang urethane, which is a two-stage (basecoat/clearcoat) process because it involves more expensive materials and more effort by the painter, but is hands-down more durable, easier to keep looking nice, and in general better-looking (although i have seen fantastic-looking acrylic and even lacquer jobs).

i would always go urethane if the budget allows it

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M54: Not sure with this, but diba OEM ng mga bright red is a urethane single stage (clear mixed with base coat)... All the bright red cars weve worked with has factory single stage urethane (BMW Z3, 2001 Civic, F150, etc)

But it's true, if you're gonna spend anyway, go urethane, less headaches down the road in terms of fading and UV resistance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both dupont urethane (centari600) and Acrylic (lucite400) are 2 stage process (base coat + clearcoat)

for solid urethane colors (non metallic) dupont offers a different kind of urethane binder (Centari 501) kahit wala ng clearcoat ito super kintab na pero i always suggest to have it clearcoated for added protection.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sirs M54/Kimpoy/theveed,

thanks for the info, really really helpfull

PS OT- Sir Kimpoy,

Saan po ang shop mo sa Pampanga, name and address po pwede? We go to Pampanga dahil taga doon si Esmi, normally po San Simon/San Fernando and sometimes Angeles.

thanks po ulit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed - i'm not sure either, since my experience is primarily with refinishing, not oem...and quite honestly, it was more than 7 years ago when i changed careers. however, if memory serves me correctly, i know ford for sure used a one-stage urethane for a while with their solid reds - so i'm sure you are right (although i don't know if it's all oem reds). however, i used exclusively urethane paint for all my refinishing jobs, including reds.

kimpoy - yes, you are correct. but there's one detail that always causes confusion - dupont lucite is an acrylic lacquer, which is designed to be used as a 2 stage with clearcoat (i forgot about acrylic lacquers because they have been banned for a while here in the states because of environmental concerns)...when i said 'acrylic' in my previous post, i was referring to acrylic enamels, which are single stage and not as good as the 2-stagers. acrylic enamel is typically what your low-cost painters use

dupont centari is, as you say, a 2-stage urethane paint. thank you for the clarification.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
DuPont Automotive Paints