New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Has anyone tired this brand? What is the difference compared to others like acrylic and urethane paints?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    duPont ang isa sa mga OEM paint refinishers na kilala... like always, i suggest shopping for a painter is more important than the paint used but going back to the topic... personally, if you like the OEM finish look, duPont (and Sikkens) seems to give a more consistent result than PPG... Most cars that we have serviced na nagpa PPG halata na repainted na yung car. Not to say that the paint is bad or substandard, it's just that duPont refinished cars seems to have a more "original paint" look regardless of orange peel amount, finishing or otherwise... But if your painter is good, you can't go wrong with any high quality urethane paint brands.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So you would advise I have it strip to metal then redo the paint process instead of a washover with the said brand?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in addition dupont has a updated database of all automotive and non automotive finishes.
    i have 3 "as a big as a library dictionary", colorbooks.
    and dupont phils send CD-roms of updated formula of ALL colors every quarter of the year.

unlike PPG and Sikkens, Dupont offers acrylic paint (Lucite400) for those on a budget.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas as what theveed said mas orig look pa nga yung na repaint or touchup na dupont,

but minsan nasa paintor din eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung pintor kasi ang bumanat ng 4x4 show trucks, balak ko lang sana, hehehe. :D

Para di masayang pintura, balak ko pa-strip down then start with DuPont all over again.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas... personally i never suggest strip to metal... as much as possible leave the factory primer on kasi ibang iba ang kapit ng factory primer, as soon as you strip that malaki-laki chance na magkakarust spots ka kasi di naman O2 free ang mga work area dito eh... Strip to primer lang pwede na...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh ok, strip to primer pala dapat. :D I'll remind myself next time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have used both dupont and ppg paint and i can't explain it but i do seem to get better results with dupont - it's like the clearcoat is easier to mix perfectly and seems to spray on more evenly and with more consistency.

dupont makes both acrylic and urethane paints - however, i would always paint with urethane because it's so much more durable and easy to get that deep finish.

sikkens, on the other hand, sometimes gets a bad rap as a 'soft' (i.e. easily chipped or scratched) paint, but i personally did not observe this as being true.

imo your top three readily available paints are dupont, sikkens and glasurit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with paint, there's the issue of hard paint vs soft paint... With hard paint, it doesn't swirl/scratch as easily as soft paint... but with hard paint, a light body dent can easily cause a crack on the paint as opposed to a soft paint which can be popped back with minimal paint damage and doesn't chip as easily when hit by a pebble... That's why the US car owners usually "complain" that German paints are soft compared to US/Jap paints... The Germans say that it's because their paint is mixed to be soft so that highway (autobahn) road chips won't damage the car as much... or so they say...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
DuPont Automotive Paints