New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    tried searching the threads but to no avail..
    anyway, i'm planning to have my car undergo BigBert's new car paint protection next week.. today sana kaso according to their site, wala raw services today...

pero one of my officemates said that it is harder to clean daw watermarks after having his ride undergo paint protection...

napaisip tuloy ako if it's true, and if there are other things that could change/downsides to having this service?

your thoughts,peeps?

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello po Sir! Nagpa paint protection program ako sa Big Berts and wala naman naging problema sa paglinis according sa driver namin. Yun nga lang kase, I boought the car shampoo that they use sa Big Berts. Ganda kase ng shampoo nila. You can buy it there.

Kung sa Ortigas kayo pupunta, ask for Kuya Willie pag wala si Sir Vince.
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    tried searching the threads but to no avail..
    anyway, i'm planning to have my car undergo BigBert's new car paint protection next week.. today sana kaso according to their site, wala raw services today...

pero one of my officemates said that it is harder to clean daw watermarks after having his ride undergo paint protection...

napaisip tuloy ako if it's true, and if there are other things that could change/downsides to having this service?

your thoughts,peeps?

thanks in advance!

well the only down side i could think of is------

the pull of money from pocket and the waiting time.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *ladyrider,

thanks po sa reply... any idea po kung paano inaapply ung "German Acrylic Paint Sealant"? lahat ba exterior lang po ba to, or pati loob ng doors or something?

cencia, pers taym po [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

*always_yummy
    hehehe.. i agree sa money part.. how long po ba application/process na to usually?
    wag naman sanang whole day?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Downside?

I tried the GOLD paint protect not from BigBert of corz. The problem was im not satisfied with their service. Nagasgas pa nga yung 3 days car ko because of a barabara na trabaho.

As i have leaned here, dapat hugasang mabuti yung car before the treatment which what is being done at BigBert , yung auto ko kasi hindi man lang nasabon kaya di nalinis ng husto. then nag apply na agad ng compound tapos buffing. So yung mga dirt na naiwan gumasgas sa clear coat.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by edgi View Post
    Downside?

I tried the GOLD paint protect not from BigBert of corz. The problem was im not satisfied with their service. Nagasgas pa nga yung 3 days car ko because of a barabara na trabaho.

As i have leaned here, dapat hugasang mabuti yung car before the treatment which what is being done at BigBert , yung auto ko kasi hindi man lang nasabon kaya di nalinis ng husto. then nag apply na agad ng compound tapos buffing. So yung mga dirt na naiwan gumasgas sa clear coat.
    wow.. sorry to hear about the bad experience.. :consoling2: bad trip talaga yun!

actually un una kong chineck.. na maayos cia nahugasan before the process..

it's now 5days after the process.. nagbe-beads ng konti sa ulan lately..
    nde naman cia ganun before the procedure.. ill try to apply carnuaba wax and see if it helps...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    wow.. sorry to hear about the bad experience.. :consoling2: bad trip talaga yun!

actually un una kong chineck.. na maayos cia nahugasan before the process..

it's now 5days after the process.. nagbe-beads ng konti sa ulan lately..
    nde naman cia ganun before the procedure.. ill try to apply carnuaba wax and see if it helps...
    Beading is good... di ba, gurus?

How well a wax causes water to bead, or repel water, is one way to determine whether wax still provides protection from acid rain and contaminants.
    Protect your vehicle with the best water-repelling auto wax on the market! (product name deleted) will give you maximum water beading and a long-lasting, mirror-like shine on all your nonporous, exterior surfaces.

About polish:

Are You Over Polishing Your Car's Paint?
    Last edited by woohoo; November 7th, 2008 at 03:11 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    badbadtz.carlo - [SIZE="2"]Please do not use 'text speak' when posting. [/SIZE] It is strictly prohibited in the forums.

There is no text character limit when posting in the forums.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    badbadtz.carlo - [SIZE=2]Please do not use 'text speak' when posting. [/SIZE] It is strictly prohibited in the forums.

There is no text character limit when posting in the forums.

if used abundantly in the conversation and throughout the post, that's bad.
    but if used sparingly, no need to flag..

take it easy..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    naka car paint protection ako sa BBs Araneta.. ok naman.. i do it annually.. tapos quarterly.. wash n seal.. maganda nga pag naka paint protect.. kahit maulanan.. hindi kumakapit yung water marks.. pag natuyo.. makintab pa din..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Downside to having car paint protection?