New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The ones in my car are starting to fade. I tried cleaning but they still looked so dull.

I want them to look like new again, so I will need help from you guys on the best thing to do. Painting over the fabric is quite easy to do, but I'm worried that the paint will crack and chip off in the future. Do textile paints sold at National cut it? I'll definitely do this if you can recommend me a durable paint, perhaps spray can.

If I am to resort to re-upholstering, what shops can do this, and around how much?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    The ones in my car are starting to fade. I tried cleaning but they still looked so dull.

I want them to look like new again, so I will need help from you guys on the best thing to do. Painting over the fabric is quite easy to do, but I'm worried that the paint will crack and chip off in the future. Do textile paints sold at National cut it? I'll definitely do this if you can recommend me a durable paint, perhaps spray can.

If I am to resort to re-upholstering, what shops can do this, and around how much?

Thanks in advance
    Sem problem here, nu auto mo? My center door siding are also have cracks and holes...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    seatmate does sidings for 1500-2000 pesos. ganda pa gawa. . i also thought about painting mine before. takot lang
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Corolla GLi 96, with the tiger stripe door fabrics. They're just subject to fade over time - too bad I could have found them nice looking.

caloyski5, where is this Seatmate you're talking about?

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    seatmate auto interiors and gen. upholstery shop - near mandaluyong circle
    romy san pedro
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Salamat...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    seatmate does sidings for 1500-2000 pesos. ganda pa gawa. . i also thought about painting mine before. takot lang

revive ko lang ito mga sir,

yung 1.5K-2K eto ba eh yung apat na sidings na?

thanks

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Dont repaint it dude. It would look awful. I have seen several cars that look horrible because they repainted the sidings.

Better option is to reupholster the sidings. There are cheaper solutions, use vinyl instead of leather and that would pull your cost down.

I think the price quoted is already for 4 sidings... per door seemed to be too costly.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or you can just peel them off and clean the adhesive residue off tapos lagyan mo ng armor all after.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    This may be OT: How much naman aabutin kung re-upholster ng door sidings and the seats themselves? (yung non-leather/leatherette, just regular material)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Door fabric: Repaint or Re-upholster?