New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any tips what product to use?

Gusto ko lumambot uli yung goma like brandnew. I'm restoring an old toyota starlet.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    first thing that comes to mind would be armor-all, available at most DIY shops (Ace, Handyman, etc.). Comes in either glossy or low-gloss finish.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Mother's Back to Black would also be a good choice.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ba lulutong lalo yung rubber?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    from experience, di naman. after a carwash, i used to go with the low-gloss protectant on my first car (an old corolla). after application with a clean sponge, i wipe of the excess with a clean rag. supposedly, armor-all "lubricates" the rubber (as they claim).

ok din daw yung back-to-black, though a bit pricey and quite hard to find (last time i saw one was in subic more than a year ago).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kung gusto mo lumambot yun goma kailangan initin mo sya, which is not advisable. Kung gusto mo mag mukhang bago then use any of the trim/rubber restorer out there, but still depends on the current condition of your moldings. Kung matigas na talaga sya, then you might as well just sand, primer, then paint it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:

naalala ko tuloy yung good ol' Starlet namin....

Di naman namin binebenta, daming nag-aagawan bumili....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44
    from experience, di naman. after a carwash, i used to go with the low-gloss protectant on my first car (an old corolla). after application with a clean sponge, i wipe of the excess with a clean rag. supposedly, armor-all "lubricates" the rubber (as they claim).

ok din daw yung back-to-black, though a bit pricey and quite hard to find (last time i saw one was in subic more than a year ago).
    prehas pala tau sir..hangang sa sasakyan..hehe.. hanggang sa rubber moldings alagang alaga.. same tau sir lagyan ko ng armor all pagkatpos mag car wash.. nice nman.. sir bakit kaya ang iba yung side molding nila gaya ng civic nakita ko eh kasamang ng body color un moldings nila.. i mean painted kasama..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    prehas pala tau sir..hangang sa sasakyan..hehe.. hanggang sa rubber moldings alagang alaga.. same tau sir lagyan ko ng armor all pagkatpos mag car wash.. nice nman.. sir bakit kaya ang iba yung side molding nila gaya ng civic nakita ko eh kasamang ng body color un moldings nila.. i mean painted kasama..
    oo nga sir e, ang contemporary term yata na tawag sa atin e "oc-oc," hehehe...pero i consider it a compliment!

yung sa painted side moldings, ang napansin ko lang e pag higher-end ng product line mas maraming "color-matched" na trimmings, parang sa case ng lumang civic, yung LXi is black lang yung side moldings tsaka pati yata yung side mirrors and pagdating sa VTi color-matched na sila.

painted ito AFAIK, and maraming nagpapa-color-match ng trimmings just to be closer to the higher-end model.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmm... based on experience, among these trim dressings, Mom's back to black has been the most consistent. Restores Trim and makes it stay that way for weeks and on to months.

but make sure to keep the trim clean din. it might end up oxidized kung hindi maalagaan. panget tingnan.

Megs Trim Detailer tends to run off after a while though IMO. streaks onto the paint. yikes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Detailing rubber moldings?