New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I just recently got my car repainted and it really made my car even more closer to me that it already was before. Gumanda na kasi e hehe.

This made me want to learn how to keep the new shine intact for the longest time possible. So i started reading threads here at Tsikot about detailing, also searched around the net for info about detailing.

But now I'm thinking that learning to detail will be totally useless.

The problem is that I park my car outside because I don't have a garage. I'm constantly worried about the car being scratched cause I don't trust the people around were I live right now. It happened already before, I hope it won't happen again.

Here I am giving my time and effort to keep my car clean and presentable, then with just small movement involving some worthless schmuck and a pointed object on the paint will ruin everything

Anyway, does anybody here who are into detailing their cars, also park outside or doesn't have his own garage? If yes, have you encountered the same situation as I did and what did you do to address this?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    get a car cover.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dehadista
    get a car cover.
    x2. yung lockable.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    na makapal...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks for your advice guys. pero kaya ba pigilan ng car cover yung mga matatalas na bagay?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 7391N
    thanks for your advice guys. pero kaya ba pigilan ng car cover yung mga matatalas na bagay?

Unfortunately not, especially if your neighbors are going after a snatcher and accidentally stabbed the car instead rather than the snatcher. Also some kids may just climb up the hood and spread pebbles in your car. Another thing is the neighborhood cat who may just climb your car with his new catch and start nibbling his meal while his claws are stiffly rooted with your metal.

Dude, just joking around

Ever thought of installing a tent and putting a car cover altogether. This way your paint will be protected from the harmful rain and sun uv

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont think that's allowable kasi public road yun hehe...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yep public road yung labas nung sa amin kaya di pwede mag lagay ng tent. but i'll be considering the suggestion about car covers.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    car cover na lang talaga ung best option mo..

o kaya kung meron small lot malapit sa inyo na kasya kotse mo..

buy that..hehe ganun ginawa ng uncle ko.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    naalala ko yun time when I was renting as a single independent office worker waaayyyy back then, though may parking space yun compound walang roof. minsan magigising ako may pusa sa hood ng car, kasama yun mga anak/kittens. minsan naman may manok(landlord loves raising fighting cocks ). tapos bumili ako ng car cover, the cat was smart enough to crawl under the cover haha! hay buhay.... may times pa na yun isang neighbor ko would repaint(using household spray paint haha!) his kia pride next to the car. So I was really concerned with overspray. tapos may mga naglalaro na bata minsan dodge ball, volley ball... matatamaan yun kotse mo ng bola. minsan may mga nagbabike na bata... gagawing obstacle yun car mo, iikot sila. so prone to gasgas because of the bike haha! horror story talaga. best is to buy a house with a garage hehehe

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Detailing and parking outside your home