New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ano ba ang magandang liquid na gamitin sa dash board ng kotse at sa mga sides para ma restore ang kintab or shine ng leather? PLedge ba? or soap & water lang? pwede ba ang tire black?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    imho, KUNG leather ang pinag-uusapan natin dito, why use tire black? safe bet in general* would be using products mainly for leather care.

hth

[SIZE=1]*not all leather care prods can be used on all leather types, iirc.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by B2Bomber; July 7th, 2007 at 12:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Suggestion ko lang po bossing... why don't you use Armor All instead! For leather and vinyls po sya! I tried using it on the dashboard of my ride and it works... parang bago yung dashboard ng auto ko! He he he parang sa commercial to ah! Anyway marami din dyan iba na for leather and vinyl, pero bumili kase ako nyan ng small bottle tapos try ko and kontento naman ako! Sa ace hardware o handyman meron nyan.. bili ko sa akin 75 pesos lang for a small bottle.

Wag tire black ilagay mo sa mga leathers and vinyls kase may naiiwan na parang oily texture kapag inapply mo sa dash... and it is not design to be applied on a leather/vinyl dash... kaya nga tireblack eh di pang tire sya! Try mo sir!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please don't use any of the stuff you were talking about using. they are all harmful for vinyl surfaces or leather. don't use Armor All either - it has a tendency to dry out your dash and attract dirt (i also find the shiny dash look gross, but that's just personal preference). it is better to use a special dash cleaner or vinyl cleaner that can be purchased in any auto supply store.

also, take note that most dashboards are finished in vinyl, not leather, so you'll need a separate vinyl cleaner and also a leather cleaner. vinyl cleaners are designed to clean and give a nice shine to your dash. leather cleaners (usually a two-step cleaner and conditioner) are designed to clean your leather and also restore the oils that make it look new.

finally, check out the "more than looks" detailing forum on this site - all the experts hang out there and you can ask for more advice to your heart's content.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yeah i don't like armorall-shiny dashboards also...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    yeah i don't like armorall-shiny dashboards also...
    yes, +1,000,000

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wish folks would stop tagging Armour All (and equivalent products) being "shiny".

It's only shiny if you use it incorrectly like most people use it.

In addition, how many "vinyl" dashboards do you even see these days, post 1990's no vehicles use vinyl covered dashboards already, everything is ABS-plastic, so makes no difference and plastics don't "harden and crack".

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theveed: So ano ang magandang brand for cleaning dashboards and where is it available. TIA. =)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Armour all and others are NOT dashboard cleaners, they're dressing.

Hard plastic doesn't really need anything special to clean, just soap mixture and elbow grease.

d ba mamumuti ang dashboard kapag sinisabon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Detailing....opinions?